worst cream

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have quite a large collection of creams and soaps. I thought I would try a Castle Forbes Lime EO cream and purchased a tub last Christmas. As I like to rotate my scents I used the CF last week for the first time in a while. Now bearing in mind that this tub I have only had for 9 months when i opened it, the cream was all a murky brown colour, yikes! Considering this is the most expensive cream in my collection I thought it would be good stuff 'fraid not, not only has it changed colour but it left my skin dry and flaking a couple of days later. All my other creams, and I have some that I have had for nearly 3 years are fine and do not dry my skin out. I won't be buying any more CF from now on me thinks.
So, what is your least favourite cream boys'?

You actually used a cream that had turned "murky brown"? An experienced wet shaver of 20 years like you?

I'm sure CF would be happy to replace it.

I have some Coates that must be several years old. And although somewhat dehydrated it still looks good and performs superbly. I would contact the retailer if they are still around. Then if need be, Castle Forbes. It really is one of the best creams around.

Thanks for the suggestions about contacting the retailer and/or CF direct.
In regard to the retailer I bought it from TGS.
As for the colour, have never seen this before, it is the colour of the tap water when it has been turned off, a murky brown. Still smells ok and lathered ok but something must be wrong with it. All my other's, the 3 T's, Proraso, T&H, AOS, EJ have never done this before. And I have never had skin dry and flaking so soon after shaving.
On a final point, Yes, the plastic lid has been kept in place under the screw top lid so that makes it even more surprising/annoying that this has happened.

mothman mike said:
FrenchBlade said:
Could you take a picture fo said soap?

FB.
Afraid not, I'm not really a photography man - gave my camera to my sister :oops:
In which case, may I pronounce my scepticism on your claims, as I've seen quite a few soaps myself many years old, they dry out, but unless you spread peanut butter on them, or drop them off int the gulf of mexico, I've never heard of one going brown..

I may however be mistaken, and I hope one of our resident soapmakers can shed some light on this phenomena.

FB.

The only time this has happened to me is when I put some TOBS cream in a wooden bowl. The stain from the wood got in to the cream and stained it while evaporation took place through the wood and the cream reduced. Still perfectly good to use plus I got a lovely David Dickinson sheen to my face. Well, the lower half anyway. :roll:

Mr Forbes: "Now which lime shall I use in today's cream recipe today darling?"

Mrs Forbes "Don't worry, either will do dear. You'd have to be a supersonic shaving/typing moth to notice the difference, and I've never heard of one of those. There's a fellow in Suffolk who's in to spotting that kind of thing but I've heard he's had no luck so far."

Mr Forbes: "OK dear, that doesn't make sense at the moment but maybe one day I'll be browsing a shaving forum and it will all come clear. Alright, the shit one it is then."

3476659555_0f5325bc1f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom