World cup Bid

I think FIFA want to look good by driving football further and further around the world. The world Cup in England would have been a commercial success, for sure, but where’s the bigger story/picture?

FIFA loved the whole 'taking football to South Africa' thing, and there will be a similar stories/spin in taking it to Russia and Qatar.

Moreover, I simply do not buy that the Panorama programme didn't hurt – getting just two votes would seem to imply that it did. I really feel that the programme would have been better run after today than a couple of days before it...

Not that I think we had any chance of winning the bid, mind.

Lipsy

beejay said:
Makes me wonder what our government sees as its priorities going forward.

Cameron and Clegg?? inexperienced to**ers

Priority? Tidying up the mess left by thirteen years of both cupidity and stupidity.

As for their supposed inexperience? I'm only glad we are past the experience which was Blair and the moral compost which was Prudence Broon.

The bid, however, was a toughie given all that has happened with the FA and the various media excitement. The recriminations will soon start - as I have said on another site - someone or some corporation will pay heavily for the global, huge, public media embarrassment to PW, DC and DB et al. The BBC are looking favourites.

Two votes and one of them was our own. Stand back and watch the fun...

:shock:

Blyth Spirit said:
The recriminations will soon start - as I have said on another site - someone or some corporation will pay heavily for the global, huge, public media embarrassment to PW, DC and DB et al. The BBC are looking favourites.

You wish Blyth you wish, I will happily be putting today's winnings towards the licence fee.

All the fish were sold long before the English FA desperately parachuted in the hapless PM, balding prince and semi literate former England captain. The only real embarrassment was the chance the media gave England's bid, there will of course be recriminations but they won't amount to anything except an internal FA enquiry if that.

Back
Top Bottom