Wood and pepper

Yes Cade is a very good shout for spicy wood, unfortunately the edt lasts about a nanosecond on me.

For full blown lumberjack with no seasoning DR Harris Marlborough.

Still on the hunt for the elusive black pepper note, I hassled a local perfumer for a fragrance that emulates black and green peppercorns but on steroids. I was told to try Dunhill Ikon.

It has stumped me. Firstly did I buy it? No. Why I couldn't tell you perhaps price (£90/100ml). It opens with dark rose and a faecal note. The black pepper is apparent but as more of a spice bouquet mix than clean pepper. The interesting thing is the fragrance grows and grows becoming spicier, unlike Encre Noire which becomes warmer. Like I said it has stumped me.

Scent has 'developed' glad it wasn't bought this smells very very similar to Guerlain Ideal now. With a lively black rose.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Also informed by a friend on TSR about Marc Jacobs bang having strong black pepper notes but its been discontinued :(

Picked up my Nanny Silly Soap from the PO this morning, nice of them not to ring the bell.

Anyhow, yes, yes and yes. This scent screams black pepper and the base notes are truly gorgeous. Absolutely love this bouquet :)

Back
Top Bottom