Wolf Whiskers list is open...

Great minds think alike my friend. I'll wait till my turn comes up on his list and send him one of Bernds knots ;)
You'll need to install the knot yourself, if you are not in the U.S., or at the least, send it to Shavemac.
I did a painful, but necessary extraction myself yesterday. Bernd's 23mm Silvertip D01.
IMG_20160706_072938_zpsi8o4mrrs.jpg

Here it was in it's natural habitat.
IMG_20160706_074222_zpsr1ersogo.jpg

You wouldn't want to see what is left of the handle now.

We all know your magic numbers Carl and I haven't even been around for very long!!! :)

With regards to the shipping issue, I'm about a 35 minutes drive to the nearest US border crossing guys and don't mind a drive down to pick up a brush and fill up my car with the cheaper gas state-sides! Alternatively, I could use calipers to measure the knot and have him drill out the handle to my specs...I don't mind installing the knot myself. Will make a call on how to proceed once I receive my knots from Bernd.

Incidentally, I also ordered an envy white 28mm 2band knot; was curious about the quality since a number of members are using them now vs. the TGN offering(s).

We all know your magic numbers Carl and I haven't even been around for very long!!! :)

With regards to the shipping issue, I'm about a 35 minutes drive to the nearest US border crossing guys and don't mind a drive down to pick up a brush and fill up my car with the cheaper gas state-sides! Alternatively, I could use calipers to measure the knot and have him drill out the handle to my specs...I don't mind installing the knot myself. Will make a call on how to proceed once I receive my knots from Bernd.

Incidentally, I also ordered an envy white 28mm 2band knot; was curious about the quality since a number of members are using them now vs. the TGN offering(s).
While I haven't used the Envy knots, everything I've read has impressed me. They appear to be denser than the usual knots coming from China.

The list is moving quickly. I'm already up to number 24. I guess it's time to start thinking about knots. I don't have any badgers other than a pure and a finest. I'm not sure what to choose. I would like soft tips with medium backbone. Any suggestions?

The list is moving quickly. I'm already up to number 24. I guess it's time to start thinking about knots. I don't have any badgers other than a pure and a finest. I'm not sure what to choose. I would like soft tips with medium backbone. Any suggestions?

My current favorite knot is the shavemac 2band silvertip. Other than that I've heard good things about envy white and TGN finest knots. All of the above are easily available.

Two-band/finest for a good balance between soft tips and backbone.
I am not a big fan of TGN but have heard really good things about Envy

Soft tips with medium backbone will usually either get a boar or Two-Band recommendation from me. The face feel is similar, with the edge in softness usually going to the broken in boar knot, but the badger is going to hold more lather.

The TGN F2 finest knots are decent, but not as dense as the Finest or Two-Band knots from Simpson's, Shavemac or New Forest. I would class them somewhere around Kent for face feel and density. The F2 knots are supposed to be better than their regular Finest knots, for what that's worth.

Visually, looking at both the example picture and various knots set in handles on the forums, the Envy Shave knots appear to be denser, more consistent in appearance, and more uniform in their shaping.

Where does one buy Envy Shave knots, please?

For backbone and softness,, TGN Grade A silvertip are superb in 26mm. Tip softness doesn't change with loft, of course, but backbone does, also of course.

@ bechet @ Sameer
The owner of envy shave is Nathanial Clark he is on Etsy and is a splendid person to deal with
I have a 28mm Envy white with a Bob Quinn handle
this is possibly one of my best knots and a pleasure to use
I was so impressed that I ordered another knot in the same size it is still with him as am thinking how and where to get the whole package done
I definitely recommend these knots and Nathan's service is a delight
the knot has soft tips, no scritch at all, has great backbone and very good flow thru
will try to post a picture later
try this link for Envy
https://www.etsy.com/shop/EnvyShave?ref=s2-header-shopname

regds
raj k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shavemac 2 band fan at 26/48
Shavemac 2 band bulb at 26/52

Both as silvertips.

@ bechet @ Sameer
The owner of envy shave is Nathanial Clark he is on Etsy and is a splendid person to deal with
I have a 28mm Envy white with a Bob Quinn handle
this is possibly one of my best knots and a pleasure to use
I was so impressed that I ordered another knot in the same size it is still with him as am thinking how and where to get the whole package done
I definitely recommend these knots and Nathan's service is a delight
the knot has soft tips, no scritch at all, has great backbone and very good flow thru
will try to post a picture later
try this link for Envy
https://www.etsy.com/shop/EnvyShave?ref=s2-header-shopname

regds
raj k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info Raj, does he ship to the UK?

Back
Top Bottom