Wimbledon 2013.

It's been a fantastic start - full of ups and downs. With a bit of luck Murray and Robson won't follow the example of the cricket and fall 5 runs short of their goal! I've got tickets to Court 1 on Monday - first ever trip and I'm looking forwards to it immensely. Not much chance of seeing a Brit but it will be getting towards the business end of the tournament so I'm hopeful for a good match or two.

If this summer can get anywhere close to the excellence of last year, we'll be doing very well.

Now we're on to real sport mate. Two of the big guns out of the way and hopefully Andy can keep his cool. He has shown a very good level of maturity the last couple of years and I really hope this year is his. I really think he deserves it for his change in attitude and for pushing his body and mind so hard to be up there with players like Federer, Nadal and Djokovich.

Some great matches so far. I'm glad none of my kids are sporting superstars. I don't think I'd still be around. The older I get the less I can bear to watch someone or a team I really want to win. But I'll be watching Andy today. And the Lions tomorrow. Not looking forward to either.

Turn on your TV. It doesn't get better than this!

In over 50 years, I haven't seen a match that surpassed the sustained excellence of today's semi final won by the guy showing why he's the World No. 1.

Can anyone stop him? Of course they can! But unlikely.

I think Djokovic is the favourite too. Be nice to think Murray could do it, but he'll have to massively raise his game if he gets through.

One of my favourite ever matches was Sampras vs Agassi at (I think) the French Open. Today's was right up there without a doubt though.

Fantastic day's tennis - Murray / Jancowicz was great and would have graced any tournament, but Djokovic / Del Potro was unbelievable. Feel so sorry for D.P. - he could not have done any more to win. At least he knows he left it all on the court.

Thanks for allowing me the first post!

That's it - all my sporting ambitions are complete. Like the last piece in the jigsaw for a sports fanatic from these Islands who has followed all the major sports since the 1940s.

Where's that whisky?

Andy - you were fantastic and richly deserved it.

Alex Salmond waving the Scottish flag behind Cameron was priceless.

BBC playing a soundtrack from Inception was pretty edgy.

Only Tony will get this one. The English prop Corbisierio made all the difference. :) All jokes aside well done Andy Murray and well done Scotland one of the greatest sporting achievements ever.

Back
Top Bottom