Williams Mug Shaving soap

its worth a try, it really is. It DOES give a good shave if you take the time. It isn't meant to create a foot thick pile of lather the minute it sees water.

Yes arko makes lather, but the odd thing I discovered for myself is that although arko makes lather fast and easily, the lather is actually worse then what Williams provides. And arko in my opinion is actually worse then the razorock classic cream I tried to use.

with Williams its best to shave on a zone system, and when you get a zone done, relather the unshaved portion again. It just changes things dramatically.

Yea ok.

These are mass produced products and very cheap so you can't expect them to perform like expensive hand made soap. Having said that Proraso and TFS soap, dirt cheap in Italy, work for me just fine. I have ordered some and will give it a try.

Hey @Bezoar not had a chance to get some yet what with Christmas and everything. I will get some next week and give you my impressions. I was reading on The Shave Den that they have altered the formula and it is not as good as it was. I am not a soap snob though so will be happy to try it.

the formula changed in the early 90s, and I believe they did change it again last year. At least that's what I said on a few forums, and that might be what you read, the lathering is different in pucks I had this year versus last year.

Back
Top Bottom