will this be any good.

Hi Gents i have found a straight edge.

called and this is exactly how it is written on the advert and on the razor itself

PRESIDENT DE LUXE

it is claming to be vintage so i know i will need it to be honed etc etc

just wondering if you guys know of this make, on Ebay not sure if is should bother!

4a1d1a9e01c67db4230c965e19c3408b_zps3fda1abb.jpg

dc3142799dd44920fa7802c03995d277_zps732968dc.jpg

96b17743add49646ca55f70f2b66a317_zps58c16679.jpg

The auction ends in 6 hrs! Just wondering if it is worth giving it a shot!?

pugh-the-special-one said:
The blade looks to be in excellent order I would imagine that will take a wicked edge.

Thanks Pugh!

I am trying to do research into this blade, but I come up with nothing!

Ie

Manufacture etc etc.

Love your restoration work by the way how much would it cost to get this looking newish and shave ready?

The only thing I'd say is that there's no makers name or origin. There are literally hundreds of decent quality razors by good English and German manufacturers - personally I'd go with one of them.

That's not to say the razor will not be capable of taking a good edge - it's just the unknown factor I don't like.

How about this at the other end of the spectrum

£500 for a new Gold Dollar - I thought it must be a bulk buy but nope, just the one

NEW VINTAGE BARBER SALON STRAIGHT CUT THROAT SHAVING RAZOR SHAVETTE RAZORS UK)

Wales4ever said:
Those blades are awful. Save your money!

I'm bidding on it too. It looks decent.

:icon_razz:

wales i will let you try and win it! as i agree with UKRob no name factor, is putting me off it.

Love6060 said:
Wales4ever said:
Those blades are awful. Save your money!

I'm bidding on it too. It looks decent.

:icon_razz:

wales i will let you try and win it! as i agree with UKRob no name factor, is putting me off it.

Hey, thanks. My maximum bid has been exceeded, and as I have no merlot sloshing through my system (plus my wife is around) I promise not to bid again!

:blush:

The blade looks to be in excellent order I would imagine that will take a wicked edge.

UKRob said:
The only thing I'd say is that there's no makers name or origin. There are literally hundreds of decent quality razors by good English and German manufacturers - personally I'd go with one of them.

That's not to say the razor will not be capable of taking a good edge - it's just the unknown factor I don't like.

I think it definitely looks good, although there is obviously a bit of rust on the tang. Shouldn't be a problem though. Hope you didn't bid over the odds for it!

rum said:

UKRob said:

I think it definitely looks good, although there is obviously a bit of rust on the tang. Shouldn't be a problem though. Hope you didn't bid over the odds for it!

Didn't win it! :icon_sad:

Back
Top Bottom