Wilkinson Sword soap.

"Don't do it. We will miss your witty banter"

No. it's OK.

I've noted the comments of the gathered brethren and decided it was a bad buy. Anyway, I'm too mean to spend the petrol money driving to West Sussex.

So, given that I only took the lid off and had a sniff, I've carefully replaced the self adhesive band (the one that listed all those lovely ingredients) and will take the bounder back from whence it came AND whilst at the store, get another three of those rather nice Tupperware look-alike bowls referred to in another, current, thread. They're an absolutely ideal size to accommodate the refills (currently just the Tabac and Kent) BUT, another three bowls means I'll have SIX bowls - therefore I'll need to get another FOUR soap refills. What better excuse did I need?

OK chaps, I now require from you recommendations for four nice refills of your favourite soap.

Remember I have my own home-made pot of hard soap based on Cella but with a bunch of other assorted ingredients ie other hard soaps, essential oils, grapeseed & castor oils, glycerine, menthol etc etc, but also in the cupboard are Palmolive and Arko sticks and Real Shaving, Proraso and Bulldog creams.

So, there's clearly an urgent need for more, nice soap blocks.

I guess you'll say M W F (is that, or is it not, the same as the Kent that I bought?

But what else.

FOUR more refills!

Over to you, gentlemen.

Sezer74 said:
It smells nice yes but that's all about it, I put the soap in the drawer that I keep the socks, vests, pants, gives them a nice smell. that's one way of using it.

Greetings

You are quite right, although it's a crap soap it does have (to my nose) a delightful scent!

All is not lost!

Regards
Dick.

Suggestions for the spare containers !
Speick stick grate it in the tub.
Any of Mike's soaps from the US his soaps without tubs are reasonable for the quality.

http://www.mikesnaturalsoaps.com/Mikes_Natural_Soaps/Tallow_%26_Lanolin_Hard_Bar_2.html

Stan, if you want to walk into a big chain & buy a cheap bowl, Boots own isn't bad. You can grab some aftershave & balm while you're there. Less than a tenner well spent.

I looked at the WS bowl early on, maybe the blue put me off because I bought every other cheap soap & cream that I saw, apart from the stuff in Poundland. 2 lucky escapes by the sound of it.

All the above advice re. Speick, LPL, Mikes, Boots. rcvd. with very many thanks.

Will add Speick to the list but LPL seems tricky to source. And Mikes must cost a fortune with shipping and VAT (plus the Royal Mail charge??)

Pleased that Celtic was spared the Wilk. Swd soap. Well done. Will re-visit Boots again (and, maybe, avoid Poundland) but I did get some Glycerine and a couple of bits in Savers the other day. They seemed to have one or two of the respectable (ish) names in there.

DevonStan said:
All the above advice re. Speick, LPL, Mikes, Boots. rcvd. with very many thanks.

Will add Speick to the list but LPL seems tricky to source. And Mikes must cost a fortune with shipping and VAT (plus the Royal Mail charge??)

I usually buy 2 soaps at a time from Mike, the cost with shipping to the UK is $33.15 or about £22.50. The soaps are less than £15 and so don't attract any VAT or charges.
I appreciate that may be alot for some members to pay for soaps.

Well I like the Wilkinson Sword soap

OK it's not as good as LPL or Wickhams, which are top rank, but I don't get why so many people struggle with it.

I still use it in my rotation and get a very nice slick lather which thanks to the coconut oil leaves my skin feeling very nice. It needs a bit of water and heavy loading but I get a decent lather out of it, in fact I prefer it to palmolive., which brings me out in spots too often.

Oh, don't say that,Griffo...I just got back from the store...I took it back.

All the other buggers told me it was a pile of poo.

Darn it.... do I go all the way back and buy it again? I spent £79 in petrol already!

Back
Top Bottom