Wilkinson Sword soap.

Just bought a bowl of the above mentioned, in a blue, plastic bowl.

£2.09p

Couldn't resist it.

It actually had some reviews on various fora in the UK and US...and wasn't unanimously dismissed out of hand.

If it's really not usable I can use it for filling gaps or give it to the Mrs to clean the cat's blanket...or something....but it smells almost acceptable to me so I'll persevere even if it kills me.

You can tell I'm no purist, can't you?

Mmmm... it's a very discerning pussy. I may have to persuade it to accept it's new perfume.

I'll bet I can use it .... it'll have to be pretty darn bad for me to chuck it :)

I'll let you know...if it hasn't poisoned me.

I just checked. It's got this lot in it :-

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum,Coconut Acid, PEG-7, Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Diethylhexyl, Sodium Silfossucinate, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium ETDA, Dimethicone, Amyl Cinnamol,Butylpheny Methylpropional, Citrionellol, Hexyl Cinnamol,Limone, Linalool

Now, if you're telling me that lot ain't worth £2.09p then I'm a monkey's uncle.

How could ANYONE resist such an inviting list of ingrediantal goodies? Cheap at half the price!

Listen Stan, its not even any good to use in the shower, utter garbage, wouldnt even bother using it on the cat. this was my worst nightmare when i started DE shaving, blamed my technique for ages, but this b*****d was the culprit :(

Oh, bugger...then it'll be gap filling for the next three weeks.

................Mooches off looking miserable and downhearted........

Are you sure I couldn't clean my wheel arches with it...?

782sirbrian said:
The sticks are reckoned to be much better. Not tried one yet but have a couple in my stock...

The sticks are identical (colour and smell aside) to Palmolive

The bowl is a different and altogether largely useless soap

DevonStan said:
Oh, bugger...then it'll be gap filling for the next three weeks.

................Mooches off looking miserable and downhearted........

Are you sure I couldn't clean my wheel arches with it...?

The thing that gets me in Asda anyway, is that they sell the good old Palmolive stick, then put shed loads of the wilkos blue bowl next to it, along with the dare i say crappy Wilkos shaving brushes. You would expect WS products to be excellent, but then again, if the soap and brushes were, who would buy all that overpriced gel, and those 10 bladed razors :)

Now you're just making feel worse and worse... :-(

I'm gonna lay down and then console myself with a Tunnocks Caramel Bar.

:-(

Yeh, but it cost me half a gallon of petrol to get to the store.... :-(

.....deep depression imminent....

I'll tell you what... I'm gonna use another half a gallon and take it back and get a refund.

That'll teach em !

Greetings

I find the Wilkinson Sword Sticks very good indeed and the Blue bowl Wilkinson Sword soap as poor as shaving soap can get.

I liken using the Blue Bowl to dining on Witchetty grubs, as, Crocodile Dundee said in the movie, "You can live on them but they taste like sh*t". You can shave with Wilkinson Blue Bowl soap but it's performance is sh*t!

Regards
Dick.

OK, OK...I'm feeling suicidal as it is...no need to push me over the edge.

If you don't hear any more from me you know you buggers have pushed me over the edge.

...reaches for the map to see where Beachy Head is.....

......Bugger! it's 258 miles away...that's gonna cost me a fortune in unleaded.

Has anyone tried making a Frankensoap from this? Is it salvageable?

Got gifted one of these myself (No - they don't hate me, just a misjudged choice with the R41 I also received) and thinking about what I can do with it. From how I remember it performed, I don't think an even mixture of Palmolive could save it. I'd bet on 1/4 blue to 3/4 other would do it, but at that point it doesn't seem worth it.

Back
Top Bottom