Why should I consider an injector?

There is some incredibly daft advice in this video about removing blades between shaves.
If you truly can't stand the idea of storing your injector with a "dirty" blade inside, you can blunt and clean some used blades and re-insert them in a magazine marked 'Blanks', then inject one of those before storing.
Injectors were not designed to be stored without a blade. That's why they shipped with a blank blade inside the head.
Other than that, there are some nice injectors in the video.

A really good read on the timeline of Schick's is here. As I've learnt the later the models, as represented by the ascending alphabetical order - the milder the Schick. Thus, a G is moe aggressive than a L as an example.

The two that I have are different as the M is an adjustable razor. Therefore, the dial allows for the gap between the blade and the bar to be increased or decreased. As Andreas pointed out, can be test for nowt via the Lending Pool. A real good try. A flexible razor in so much you can taylor the shave to your preferences. A little more aggressive, or little less so etc.

The J1, is fixed. No adjustment. It is a mild shave experience. However, for me - efficient. Does a nice job. As @Fergiebilly mentioned, both will accept a twin blade. These can add a whole new experience to the shave. I guess that is another story.

Personally, I have never used a PAL injector. I hear they are very nice. @sc0tt is selling what looks to be a very nice razor here. Looks like the price has been dropped too!

Richard
Hi Richard, thanks for all the good info, very helpful. I think my first call on this one will be the lending pool.
Thanks again.

riverrun, good morning. Thanks for all the info. I'd be keen to give the injector a whirl but am unfamiliar with the lending/borrowng process on TSR. Perhaps you could advise. I'd only be looking at next week probably.
Thanks

There is some incredibly daft advice in this video about removing blades between shaves.
If you truly can't stand the idea of storing your injector with a "dirty" blade inside, you can blunt and clean some used blades and re-insert them in a magazine marked 'Blanks', then inject one of those before storing.
Injectors were not designed to be stored without a blade. That's why they shipped with a blank blade inside the head.

Yeah..That Guy just needs a Mackintosh..Looks Like a Flasher..:D:p:D

Billy

riverrun, good morning. Thanks for all the info. I'd be keen to give the injector a whirl but am unfamiliar with the lending/borrowng process on TSR. Perhaps you could advise. I'd only be looking at next week probably.
Thanks
First you read ↪this post, about how pass arounds work.
Then you have a look at the ↪Schick Adjustable pass around thread and ask to be included. Next week is a bit optimistic, as there would be four guys in front of you on the list.

First part of the video going the history and model types is very good. Second part about removing blades is hopeless.!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

This has been an enlightening experience gents!
I'm still curious enough to consider trying it out, so I'll head over to bst but, I'm still fudging around with different DE razors, currently loving Feathers in a Wardonia and still messing with how to get a really smooth edge on a straight.

couldnt agree more with bezoar i use straights yesterday i was thinking about my schick injector wich i aint used in a couple of years i also got gillett red tipIII fat slim black beaut ss red the schik and my gem featherlight beats them all i can run the schik round my face quick as i like all the others look very nice but id keep the schik out of the lot

Back
Top Bottom