Why should I consider an injector?

Billy, these injectors - can they only be had off places like ebay & what's the deal with the blades. Are they easily available? Is there anything you need to be aware of before buying one. I'm aware of them but don't know too much about them either. They look interesting. Thanks
You can Sometimes Get them on TSR BST..EBay Usually...Current Blades are Easily Avalable from Connaught..The Earlier Schick Models were the Most Aggressive & Later Models Milder...Some Models Take a Twin Blade..:D

Billy

I've been DE shaving for over a year, getting good shaves, blades are dirt cheap and my small collection of razors with their individual personalities are fun.
I've also been experimenting with straight razors, getting some fun shaves with them too, not as close as the DE yet, but pretty good.
The SE intrigues me, what makes it so good/different and should I consider it?
As previously mentioned, the variety from DE or whatever you hav been using, makes it worth a try. You never know, you may find a new daily shaver. Well worth the experience.

The injectors smoothness and asthetics work for me. Plus, I could load blades all day long with the injector and key blade loader thingy.....simply fuss free. Worth a punt.

Can be cheap as chips. Plenty kicking about. As Andreas mentioned, the lending pool is a great resource. A fantastic starting point for any new adventure. Get your name down. Shamelessly, I have a J1 here. Could chuck a couple of blades in too. :oops:

Richard

A few really nice injectors available right now from the bst. Richard is a top bloke and you will be guaranteed top quality goods if you buy from him. I recently bought a load of twin injector blades from him and they are superb. Chinese schicks and personna injector blades are readily available from connaught.

As previously mentioned, the variety from DE or whatever you hav been using, makes it worth a try. You never know, you may find a new daily shaver. Well worth the experience.

The injectors smoothness and asthetics work for me. Plus, I could load blades all day long with the injector and key blade loader thingy.....simply fuss free. Worth a punt.

Can be cheap as chips. Plenty kicking about. As Andreas mentioned, the lending pool is a great resource. A fantastic starting point for any new adventure. Get your name down. Shamelessly, I have a J1 here. Could chuck a couple of blades in too. :oops:

Richard
Thanks Richard, I'll have a proper look tomorrow.

I've been DE shaving for over a year, getting good shaves, blades are dirt cheap and my small collection of razors with their individual personalities are fun.
I've also been experimenting with straight razors, getting some fun shaves with them too, not as close as the DE yet, but pretty good.
Because Paul Humphrey's rates them as well as Billy ;)

Richard, just out of interest, what is the difference between the two injectors you have. Thanks Michael

A really good read on the timeline of Schick's is here. As I've learnt the later the models, as represented by the ascending alphabetical order - the milder the Schick. Thus, a G is moe aggressive than a L as an example.

The two that I have are different as the M is an adjustable razor. Therefore, the dial allows for the gap between the blade and the bar to be increased or decreased. As Andreas pointed out, can be test for nowt via the Lending Pool. A real good try. A flexible razor in so much you can taylor the shave to your preferences. A little more aggressive, or little less so etc.

The J1, is fixed. No adjustment. It is a mild shave experience. However, for me - efficient. Does a nice job. As @Fergiebilly mentioned, both will accept a twin blade. These can add a whole new experience to the shave. I guess that is another story.

Personally, I have never used a PAL injector. I hear they are very nice. @sc0tt is selling what looks to be a very nice razor here. Looks like the price has been dropped too!

Richard

DSC_0355_zpsuxo4eq9r.jpg

This is the Real McCoy..C.V Heljestrand Full Hollow Ground Blade SE..There Aint No Childs Toy DE Can Shave or Even Look Near this..DEs are for Boys..This is for Shaving a Mans Whiskers..;)

Bad to the Bone..:eek:

Billy
Any excuse :)

Back
Top Bottom