Where to buy a variety pack of different blades to try ?

I currently shave with Derby blades and these are the only blades I have ever tried. To be honest I get along with them fine although I think some people on here seem to have a low opinion of them. I use a Gillette U3 and a Flare Tip.

I would like to try a few different blades and was wondering if anyone sells anything like a 'selection pack' of blades. A quick scan of ebay draws a blank.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Ta

Chunks

Chunkers said:
I currently shave with Derby blades and these are the only blades I have ever tried. To be honest I get along with them fine although I think some people on here seem to have a low opinion of them. I use a Gillette U3 and a Flare Tip.

I would like to try a few different blades and was wondering if anyone sells anything like a 'selection pack' of blades. A quick scan of ebay draws a blank.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Ta

Chunks

Here is the generally-used source.

GOLDCREST said:
Have a look at Connaught...Paul is a member on the Forum....and they do sampler packs..His service and delivery are First Class in every respect......

Bingo! Have found his website and will be ordering shortly.

Thanks for the (very fast) help.

Chunks

I've just ordered a 25 blade sample pack from "orient outlet" on eBay. Funnily enough that pack included most of the blades I wanted to initially try out - I do believe their postage times can be a couple of weeks which does give the upper hand to Connaught.

If you want to try even more blades have a look in the BST section of the forum.

There is a box full of different blades making it's way around members and then you can try a selection.

Heres the thread.

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-2093.html

Connaught is a very good source; has excellent service.
(... Don't let them poison your mind against Derby's. Their shave cream is good too.)

All those above are Lord blades (if under different names, production areas).
You can try broad favourites like Gillette 7 o'clocks, Personnas, Astras... just for a better variety.

Oh dear....so i've bought a load of Lord blades but they are masquerading under different names. Will they all be as poor as the ASCO? Has Francis made a big mistake?

Frankieabbott said:
Blade selection has arrived :-

Crown
Silver Star
Shark...super/super chrome
Lord.....extra/super chrome/cool/platinum/super
Big Ben
ASCO
Rainbow
Racer

Where to start?

Hi Francis,

I gotta ask you.....how did you decide on that sampler selection? I've never seen so many blades that I'm not familiar with.

Normally I can suggest a blade or two, but the only one I've tried on that list is the Shark (good blade). Heh, sorry I can't be of more help.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom