What's your meat for Christmas (non-veggie)

Tried goose last year - thoroughly underwhelmed. Tough, tasteless and next to zero meat for the size of the bird.
Beef, Pork and Gammon for this year.
No family on Christmas Day for the first time in years, so the plan is for rolled rib of beef, which should last a few days.
Geese can be good, but, as you say, there ain't much of it. Round here, there's no change from £50 for a 10kg bird. Mind you, theres an escapee from the allotments hanging round on the marsh.

Tried goose last year - thoroughly underwhelmed. Tough, tasteless and next to zero meat for the size of the bird.
Beef, Pork and Gammon for this year.
No family on Christmas Day for the first time in years, so the plan is for rolled rib of beef, which should last a few days.
Geese can be good, but, as you say, there ain't much of it. Round here, there's no change from £50 for a 10kg bird. Mind you, theres an escapee from the allotments hanging round on the marsh.

It's as much about the wine as it is the food for me but here is the usual running order:

Xmas Eve - Duck Confit, chips, green beans and redcurrant jelly (Reserva Rioja)
Xmas day brekkie - Seafood (Champagne)
Xmas Day lunch -Turkey, Gammon and the works (Grand Cru or 1er Cru Chablis, NZ Pinot Noir, Sauternes)
Boxing day - Best meal of the year - cold cuts, jacket spud and at least a dozen different chutneys and sauces to pick from (Chateauneuf du Pape)

It's as much about the wine as it is the food for me but here is the usual running order:

Xmas Eve - Duck Confit, chips, green beans and redcurrant jelly (Reserva Rioja)
Xmas day brekkie - Seafood (Champagne)
Xmas Day lunch -Turkey, Gammon and the works (Grand Cru or 1er Cru Chablis, NZ Pinot Noir, Sauternes)
Boxing day - Best meal of the year - cold cuts, jacket spud and at least a dozen different chutneys and sauces to pick from (Chateauneuf du Pape)
Now thats a festive menu I would love to have :)

Well we all know what Putin is having.
dc3a566d41a415f08ec99cfeed0d2c87.jpg

An extortionately priced turkey, and a gammon, potatoes roast in goose fat, brussels sprouts and a couple of other veg. and a little mashed potatoes too. There will be 10 of us, so that turkey is certainly going to cost!

Cup a soup to start (posh 'uns wif croutons ;))

2 x Pot noodles for main - Beef and Tomato / Chicken and Mushroom

Super splash out and go exotically wild for pudding with Wall's Vienetta!

All washed down with Adam's Ale on tap....:D

Jam piece on Boxing Day. :rolleyes:

Christmas eve - Rib of beef for hot beef sandwiches.
Christmas day - Free range Turkey
Boxing day - cold cuts of Beef, Turkey, pigs in blankets with added ham, fried (mashed) potato/turnip in beef fat and mixed pickles.
Actually Boxing day dinner is always my favourite.
Arthur,
Can I Come !! Save me buying the same things !! Hope Turkey is a Bronze Or Black
Mike

Back
Top Bottom