Whats your favourite hot sauce?

I like Frank's and the Sriracha Flying Goose hot one with the red cap, but my favourite has to be one the local kebab shop makes from scratch ...it's bloody lovely.

I like sriracha on noodles & oriental dishes, but not as a universal condiment.

It's interesting - to see that the word 'oriental' is used in the UK. Over here in the US it got PC-police-banned along with retard, handicapped and negro quite some time ago.
In SF one is not to say 'dog owner' as well but rather 'dog guardian'.

Note: I am NOT advocating using one word or the other - I just find the difference interesting :)

It's interesting - to see that the word 'oriental' is used in the UK. Over here in the US it got PC-police-banned along with retard, handicapped and negro quite some time ago.
What do you say instead of 'handicapped'? The City Council painted 'Disabled' on the road outside my house.

I suspect 'oriental' is not right, but that 'Oriental' is fine - though it's hard to tell the difference when spoken.

I hear tell that 'lavatory' is a word that must not be spoken in Yankerland, along with 'toilet' and 'loo'. To go to the bathroom in a restaurant sounds silly in English - and who dreamed up 'restroom'?

I think we long since lost control of our language - rightly ignoring teenagers' attempts.

Sorry - hot sauces ...

Last edited:
What do you say instead of 'handicapped'? The City Council painted 'Disabled' on the road outside my house.

I suspect 'oriental' is not right, but that 'Oriental' is fine. - and it's hard to tell the difference when spoken.

It's getting a bit crazy over here w/ everyone being so overly PC.
You are not even 'supposed' to say "Handicap parking" - you are to say "Accessible parking"
I believe the "correct term" for handicapped these days is "person with disabilities".

Here is the uk.gov list of terms to 'avoid' and what to use instead

Once again, I am not advocating one word over the other - me, myself I'm pretty non PC and find all this PC crap to offend me :)

Many of my neighbours detest my Disabled Parking space because it is inaccessible to them, some risk and receive fines. Some encroach as far as they can, wheels a millimeter short of the line, boot (trunk) or bonnet (hood) overhanging the Disabled space - making it very difficult to get my pavement chariot un/loaded.

Thanks for the link to UK PC tax spending. Whoda thunk it?

Back
Top Bottom