whats the best almond cream?

My lady friend, has taken (rather sensibly) to using a shaving brush and cream for her legs. Finding she enjoys the shave more, and also likes the smells of the nice creams.

To date she's been using D.R Harris rose, and taylors lavender.

I'd like to try her on almond, as i know she'd like the marzipan smell. So whats the best ones?

Taylors? Truefitt? Trumpers?

Cella is good & also seems to work well in any type of water, hard or soft, in which I've tried it. K most generously piffed me a very large tin of Rosse di Barile which I'm just now finishing off. It's a truly luxurious soft soap with a distinctive "almondy" scent if you ever get the chance to get some for her.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

P160 is noo longer produced.

Cella is for me almost the best shaving product I own.

Other Italian marzipan scented soft soaps to consider : Vitos, Valobra.

yeah.. i had a sniff of the taylors today, and it was nice... she seems to get on well with the taylors, finding it to be smoother to shave with than the D.R Harris she had before. She's never tried T&H, but at double the price, ive never found them particularly excellent value.

that said.. the T&H sandalwood cream has become my go to cream at the moment, so there must be something about it thats attracting me.

keen to avoid hard soaps, or anything too soap like, she's got used to creams, and dont want to hassle her with having to learn a new method. she'd just like more of the same (you know how women are)

i'll look out the Cella

The Trumper's almond sample I had was intensely marzipan (I actually described it to a friend last night as "like being hit with a marzipan hammer") and worked as well as all their creams. Not tried any of the others apart from the D R Harris soap, which is lovely but subtle.

shrink said:
She's never tried T&H, but at double the price, ive never found them particularly excellent value.

It's not great value, but you did ask about it! :blush:

I thought that before posting but I surmised that if value was the lead factor it wouldn't have been considered.

Taylors is going to be better value all day long, it's the same cream pretty much, just smells slightly different. Where we're talking a large surface area (2 x legs has to equal what, at least 5 or 6 faces?) then I think value should come into it. Otherwise you'll be ploughing through a tub every 3 months.

I use my Taylor's almond cream regularly. Inexpensive as far as decent creams go and has a strong bakewell smell. I haven't tried other almond creams but this does what I want and with an excellent and easy lather. Definitely worth a try early on.

Back
Top Bottom