What's going on with razor prices on EBay at the moment?

not me thats for sure !!

got a red ring already nice shave,
its lost a bit of chrome on the head but nothing major
if somebody wants to give me £200 for it,they can have it lol

Victims of your own success?

The forums preach the gospel.

People are converted.

The demand for razors increases.

Wait 'til the current producers start banging their prices up.

Dipesh said:
I think it's lads over the pond mate.

I think you're right bud, but they haven't influenced prices to such a massive degree until now.

Has there been articles in the American media advising people to invest in old shaving gear or something?

Well I have heard off sellers using a second account to make bid price higher, I hope it isnt happing much, but what I also notice, some bidders are so stupid to push the price up, the put early there max bidding, but that only makes the price higher, as you get a effect that people keep biding because they are overbid.

But you can still score some deals on eBay.

I think some collectors a willing to pay quite some for some safety razors, some you do not often see on the shaving forums.

Tall_Paul said:
Dipesh said:
I think it's lads over the pond mate.

I think you're right bud, but they haven't influenced prices to such a massive degree until now.

Has there been articles in the American media advising people to invest in old shaving gear or something?

I did see a thread on B&B who was a little peed at being pipped a few times on a Darwin. I guess this time he wasn't letting it go.

Vinny has a point, there is a growing demand for these things now and the more internet chatter there is about particular razors, the more they will be coveted, that's the information age. They've stopped making these things after all! As time passes even your Techs will get more elusive.

I'm stocking up on Sensors and GII's as we speak. I've noticed a lot of you buggers speaking wistfully of 2 blade carts recently. :)

Blimey 5 years ago Fatboys were being PIF'ed on B&B or readily available on eBay for about £15.00.

No wonder the regular razor traders are driving round in gold-plated Bentleys and lighting huge cigars with 100 Euro notes.

Wow. I'll sometimes put a bid in up to £30. I couldn't justify £300. At least if I bagged one at £30 I'd have no problem selling it for a similar price...

;)

I've been on the search for a nice Eclipse for over a year now but if they're going to go for that sort of money then I'll have to face the fact that I'm never going to own one.

I thought I paid a lot for my Darwin but I reckon I could sell it now for double what I paid.

Bonkers!

Just now I was following a NOS lady Gillette it went in a short time from about $ 10 to $ 26 and now from $ 26 to $ 61, the people are really willing to pay much I noticed.

I don't know what is going on on eBay, but I find it quite unbelievable they go for so much, I did my research on badgerandblade and there was one MINT/NOS sold and it was just sold for $ 35.

As far as I see it now you better look on the shaving forums, ofcourse as a newbie you can't open any thread in these section's but you can see what they offer.

But I'm happy I scored some deals on other websites which aren't as busy visited by people all over the world, but just people from my country. But my first vintage razor I scored for a nice prize on eBay and its a really old one.

Diqiu-Long said:
As far as I see it now you better look on the shaving forums, ofcourse as a newbie you can't open any thread in these section's but you can see what they offer.

Hi there,

You're smart trying to find some razors on shaving forum sites. If I'm not mistaken, you can buy a for sale razor when new, but not sell one.

Maybe put a WTB post up over here and see what happens.

Martin

Canuck said:
Vinny has a point, there is a growing demand for these things now and the more internet chatter there is about particular razors, the more they will be coveted, that's the information age. They've stopped making these things after all! As time passes even your Techs will get more elusive.

I'm stocking up on Sensors and GII's as we speak. I've noticed a lot of you buggers speaking wistfully of 2 blade carts recently. :)

Good call there Canuck. Original sensors are brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom