What would you do?

Yep, go with the reaction mate. Wife got me a bottle of M&S Woodspice Amber and I hated it. Just told her it was shite so she gave it to her Dad. "Pick your own next time, dear", was the advice.

I ended up fessing up the other night and she wasnt bothered in the slightest. She has an allergic reaction to a lot of soaps, fragrances etc so she knew where i was coming from and didnt bat an eyelid. Seeing as there are only a few squirts out of the bottle she is going to wrap it up and give it to her dad as a birthday present, thank fek! I was told that next time i was to give her some pointers and get some samples for her to check out, bonus :)

Now i need something to replace it with :)
She likes obsession, cool water, mandate so i need to find something along those lines. I have had all of them before so dont want those exactly, just something similair. Except mandate that is, i remember really liking that and used to be able to get hold of the deoderant as well iirc

Try Paul Smith London (in ze purple bottle, mon ami). Getting harder to find but can usually be had in 30ml EDT spray for around £15 to £20. A beautifully refined scent which is modern, distinctive, uplifting yet mellow and not too in your face. Still never found anything like it for Spring, Summer and Autumn wear. Wife loves it too!

daz said:
I ended up fessing up the other night and she wasnt bothered in the slightest.

And you believed that:icon_razz:

Lovely as your lady no doubt is the knife in her heart has been sharpened; take her with you and narrow it down to a few joint likes - buy her some shoes/handbag whilst getting the scent you really want. Job done

UKRob said:
You could always bin it and fill the bottle with something similar but which does not have the extreme effect of KC. Will she notice the difference? (Other than a hubby who is not puce every time she takes him out?)

I'm thinking the same thing. There should be one of the fellows here that knows of a similar frag. , or if not one of the sites that deal in frag for men will be able to help you out with a similar but acceptable scent.
You can try one of the knock offs at the discount store! It may be similar and won't last as long.

daz said:
My lovely wife bought me some calvin klein "truth" edt, problem is i hate it while she loves it. It actually makes me feel queazy and sick when i wear it and even the lingering smell on jackets a week or two after is enough to almost make me puke.

What would you guys do?
Come clean and tell her, or, put up with it and keep it for special occasions when she would like me to wear it?

Certainly come clean even though SWMBO is usually right on things when you just cant stand something part of your duty as a husband is to communicate it. Be humble about it though dont come out like a 20's side gangster from a Tracy Dick film all like "Hey broad aint no way im wearin' this here cologne!" but you know get the point across as to why you arent fond of it and then offer a solution perhaps she could go shopping with you for a new one that you can both agree on in the store before forking over cash.... *sigh* didnt notice this was resolved already... well this here post is for your enjoyment :)

Hiya,

You buy the wife/girlfriend a fragrance as a gift...a real nasty scrubber is best. Yep, something real cheap that you flat out know she will gag when huffing it. Spend all of $10 and get it wrapped nicely and pull that out with a smile of anticipation on your face.

Once she sniffs it she will probably not be able to keep a straight face and tell you she likes it. Then's the time to strike.....when she feels just a little guilty maybe.

In the next minute or two, you need to work in the phrase " Oh honey.......about that fragrance you bought me". Tell her it's really nice but just not for you. Possibly then she might have a better perspective about buying a frag for someone else.

There..........how's that sound?

Back
Top Bottom