What would you do?

daz

My lovely wife bought me some calvin klein "truth" edt, problem is i hate it while she loves it. It actually makes me feel queazy and sick when i wear it and even the lingering smell on jackets a week or two after is enough to almost make me puke.

What would you guys do?
Come clean and tell her, or, put up with it and keep it for special occasions when she would like me to wear it?

You're probably right Mikael, i just feel a bit ungrateful as she told me she done a lot of searching after i told her the scents i like. But truth is I really hate it and dont think i can put up with it. I suppose honesty is the best policy even if it upsets her a little, maybe sell it on and give her the money with a couple of more pointers or suggestions. Even take her scent shopping with me so we can agree on something we both like, i really cant wear it again :-(

Anybody else got this scent and like it?

Jeltz said:
Well you either have to tell her or get a new wife with better taste in EDT :p

Dont think i could get a new wife that would put up with me after another 20 years. Thing is she picks lovely perfumes for herself that i find amazing, maybe she knows the "truth" stinks and is just trying to keep other woman away from me?

You could always bin it and fill the bottle with something similar but which does not have the extreme effect of KC. Will she notice the difference? (Other than a hubby who is not puce every time she takes him out?)

antdad said:
Say nothing.

Wife wears my frags sometimes, repackage it then give it back as a pressy et voila Eau de Daz.

Problem with that is i will have to smell it on her, not good!
I know fragrances change on different people but i doubt it would change enough.

I would tell her that you don't like it, I don't see any point in not being honest with the wife, if you can't be honest with her I think you have bigger problems than the type of fragrance she is buying you. Fragrance buying is always challenging. If I want something new I always get a sample first so I can clear it with the wife. Even then sometimes she changes her mind after I have bought something.

I would suggest to your wife in future you shop for fragrances together.

i am in the same situation, i have been given Ralph Lauren Polo "Black" for Christmas, i don't like the smell at all, i like the original Polo "Green" it's a present so i said it smelled nice to save any hurt feelings, i think it was bought by someone else who just saw POLO and thought that's the one.....

it's not a really bad smell but it's very Aquatic and fresh where as i like heavy woody sweet type scents...

Oh Well Never mind

It's seems like your good ladies have bought good quality stuff which you don't necessarily like the fragrance.
I received, wait for it, "Wrangler" from a family member, not my wife I would add and believe me if you think some of your present don't smell that good then spare a thought for people like me.
I thought about passing it to the charity shop but had a rethink that is just plain cruel.
Always remember there are others worse off than you, in this case me and that bloody Wrangler

Say nothing and use it up on the dogs bed, and pretend you are personally using it up, when it's all gone tell her you would like to try something else and point her in the right direction.

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom