What new Straight Razor do you plan to buy?

When I started SR-shaving keeping control over the full lenght of the blade was a bit of a problem, heel tended to wander, so the shorty design caught my eye. Not sure, maybe there are more brands and models sharing this style, typically Japanese?

If you like shorter cutting lengths then there are plenty of Japanese options, either with western symmetrical grinds or the asymmetrical grinds you find with the traditional kamisori, just depends on your preference.

Right now definitely western style, not ready for a kamisori shaving right hand only and my honing is lacking.

Rosette, Ribbon, Eiko, Nobel, Tahei, Kusanagi, Biken, Hoshitombo (except the 6000 model that has an asymmetrical grind) are a few brands there are some other brands like Kikuboshi, Daishi and Hattori which produce short blades but they have asymmetrical grinds. You will very rarely find a bad Japanese razor in my opinion, most are quality. Obviously availability and price will play a roll in your decision but the price of these razors usually coincide with the availability, prices have shot up these past few years and certain models are becoming increasingly difficult to source.

Back
Top Bottom