What new Straight Razor do you plan to buy?

Got an all Swedish frameback and I like it a lot so a Japanese Swedish mix sounds intriguing especially with the added value of Scheon Burg mimicking German Schönburg :)

There is also a model, read about it somewhere but can't seem to find my way back to the read, anyway brand was Ribbon plus a model number, designed by someone called Saito, shortish blade, 1/2 hollow or maybe it was 1/4, supposed to having been used for training in barber schools in Japan, will keep looking...

There is also a model, read about it somewhere but can't seem to find my way back to the read, anyway brand was Ribbon plus a model number, designed by someone called Saito, shortish blade, 1/2 hollow or maybe it was 1/4, supposed to having been used for training in barber schools in Japan, will keep looking...

I think i know which ones you mean, i assume you don't mean the R.Saito 'smiler' blades right? so it could be the Ribbon/Rossette 40/80? They were designed for the hairdressing schools but were made by Hayashi Diamond.

$_57.JPG
Note: Not my picture
Is this the one you had in mind? half hollow shoulder less grind with the 'shorty' style blade.

That is the one! or is it two (both 40 and 80)

There's a 40 and an 80 both these models were designed for the hairdressing schools, both shoulder less 'shorty' style blades, R.Saito influenced the design but they are in fact made by Hayashi diamond

Edit: never owned either one so i couldn't tell you the difference between the two models

Last edited:
When I started SR-shaving keeping control over the full lenght of the blade was a bit of a problem, heel tended to wander, so the shorty design caught my eye. Not sure, maybe there are more brands and models sharing this style, typically Japanese?

When I started SR-shaving keeping control over the full lenght of the blade was a bit of a problem, heel tended to wander, so the shorty design caught my eye. Not sure, maybe there are more brands and models sharing this style, typically Japanese?
DSC_0320_zps7bps7v7g.jpg

If You Want a Short Blade..Then the Heel is Easy to Modify like My Japanese Hamilton 6/8th..This Handles Like a Sports Car..;)

Billy

Is he the Artisan in America?
Yeah he is an American, I'm always impressed by the thin full hollows he gets free hand grinding. A Mastro Livi or Joe Edson razor would also be fantastic but they are at least double the cost of what a Brown razor goes for.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Yeah he is an American, I'm always impressed by the thin full hollows he gets free hand grinding. A Mastro Livi or Joe Edson razor would also be fantastic but they are at least double the cost of what a Brown razor goes for.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
I remember seeing his page on facebook.From what I can remember they looked like nice razors.

Back
Top Bottom