What do you pay for a haircut ?

What is the cost of your haircut (before any tip)

• Free - cut or shave it myself

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Free - the missus, a friend or relative does it

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Under £5

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • £5 - £5.99

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • £6 to £7.99

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • £8 - £9.99

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • £10 - £11.99

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • £12 - £14.99

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • £15 - £19.99

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • £20 - £29.99

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • £30 - £49.99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £50 +

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
£25 for cut and finish, which is a scissor/comb cut, no clippers involved. My hair's probably a bit longer than most of the guys on here as well, so it needs a scissor job to style it properly.

Will probably get some stick for the amount I pay but whatever, you get what you pay for, and this guy has cut my hair for the past 10 years and is really good!

DPTC said:
£25 for cut and finish, which is a scissor/comb cut, no clippers involved. My hair's probably a bit longer than most of the guys on here as well, so it needs a scissor job to style it properly.

Will probably get some stick for the amount I pay but whatever, you get what you pay for, and this guy has cut my hair for the past 10 years and is really good!

For £25 I'd expect a soapy happy ending.

Brianpilman said:
8 quid but give him a tenner every 6th cut is free. He's a Turkish barber doesn't speak much English but it's worth a tenner. Scissor cut wash neck and shoulder massage ear hair trim eyebrows and nose hair and razor to back of the neck

Same as my local Turkish Barber :icon_razz:

Tenner in Leeds or harrogate. Always have a scissor cut as I want to know they can actually cut hair and I think it looks better. Not that I go regularly enough for that to matter!
occasionally tip, but not very often.

Wife's hairdresser cuts mine for £5 minimal clipper use trimmed with scissors on top. If there isn't a queue in town it's £7 from the Turkish barbers they seem to get closer with the clippers so the cut lasts longer. Did have a shave there once as well as a haircut for £12 total.

Come on gairdner,it must be a west coast thing no tipping. When Ihad my holiday trim last week in sunny Alloa,I was fourth in the queue and the three guys before me all tipped as did I...

Well got to say I think places charging more than £6 for a dry cut are having a tin bath at our expense. Does anyone know offhand what a skilled trade like a chippy or plasterer charges per hour for comparison?

As for tips, they should have gone out the window when the guaranteed minimum wage came in. Anyone making £20+ per hour doesn't need any tax-free on the side. But as with taxis and restaurants, we've been conditioned to feel guilty if we don't.

A tenner a cut but every sixth cut is free. Lad finishes off with a shavette on neck and sideys, and sorts the eyebrows out. Free cuppa and some interesting chat.

Back
Top Bottom