What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure have, I only just started to enjoy the benefits of DE shaving and the the drawbacks (RAD etc.), while I do not have any where near as many razors as I suspect you have, I have quite a few DE razors already. This forum is great on many levels, but it raised my awareness of SE razors, I got hold of a Schick L1 and and some Chinese Schick blades, the shave equaled the best DE shaves I have had so far (Fatip Piccolo + Bolzano or Polisilver - Not SI but the brown ones). So I thought where next in quest for shaving perfection.......
Straight razors? Great fun, great shaves when you master it. :)

Since I really liked the BBS-1 razor that I got a few days ago I wanted to 'treat' it to a somewhat different handle in addition to the BBS-1 stock handle.
So I have one of James' Darwin inspired stainless steel handles on its way to me. I decided on polished as that would go best with the head.

Then...I remembered that I have a matte/satin Wolfman razor head...and decided to also get a satin Darwin handle....

So now I have two of these beauties on their merry way to me :)

Looking forward to how they will look paired.

Wofman stock photo of the handles;
b46pfr.jpg

Last edited:
A few of the Guys I Know Use it & Speak Highly Of it..I Do Like the 1 K Superstone..Its a Great Stone..I Do Find it Somewhat Soft for Working on SRs that Need Some More Work Done though..:D

Billy

Folks say the SS plugs up with swarf fairly quickly, but that wasn't really my problem with it. I used to give it a quick lapping when I notice it slows down, or even work on slurry to slow down the clogging. The Pro doesn't do this and it's a harder stone, too. Not that I mind a softer stone, but I'm with you, not for this early in the progression.

I didn't exactly get it to do heavy work, but to actually be able to quickly iron out the damage done by even coarser stones. So now, my stone for the heavy work is the Nani 600 and sometimes, rarely, the Atoma 400. After I'm done with these, I go to the 1K and all the "damage" is gone in 3-5 minutes. Then I can happily go back to my naturals, for the rest of the work.

upload_2016-11-6_21-45-57.png
Kent BLK4, only cost me £29.99 from Costco.co.uk as I had a £10.00 off promo for online purchases. Conveniently the only things I could find that were worth spending on were the Kent shaving brushes and creams....... At this price it would be rude not to give this brush a try, it will be my first sliver tip brush.

I have heard they are "floppy" but also seen a lot of good reviews, so that's one Christmas present for me bought already, so won't get to try it until Christmas.

They have BK4/BLK4 at £39.99 and the BK8/BLK8 at £49.99 inc. delivery which seemed like good prices already. Most other stuff I looked at on their online shop was actually cheaper in store than online, but my local Costco does not have the Kent products so I suspect these are online only.

Not sure if it is too late for the £10 off offer, I registered for the online Costco site some weeks ago but never made a purchase then I got an email with an offer code yesterday. I think they are personalised codes to encourage use of the online store, plus not sure if being a Costco member already is required to get the £10 offer, the email did not say.

View attachment 21756
Kent BLK4, only cost me £29.99 from Costco.co.uk as I had a £10.00 off promo for online purchases. Conveniently the only things I could find that were worth spending on were the Kent shaving brushes and creams....... At this price it would be rude not to give this brush a try, it will be my first sliver tip brush.

I have heard they are "floppy" but also seen a lot of good reviews, so that's one Christmas present for me bought already, so won't get to try it until Christmas.

They have BK4/BLK4 at £39.99 and the BK8/BLK8 at £49.99 inc. delivery which seemed like good prices already. Most other stuff I looked at on their online shop was actually cheaper in store than online, but my local Costco does not have the Kent products so I suspect these are online only.

Not sure if it is too late for the £10 off offer, I registered for the online Costco site some weeks ago but never made a purchase then I got an email with an offer code yesterday. I think they are personalised codes to encourage use of the online store, plus not sure if being a Costco member already is required to get the £10 offer, the email did not say.
I have the BK 8 and BK12, they are great brushes, and very well made.
You got got a bargin, well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom