Not open for further replies.
Waiting on this 1936 ad.
$_1.JPG

It matches my Brit Aristocrat.

A big yellow taxi full of vintage Avon Wild Country aftershave

5 green bottles to decant the aftershaves into

Vintage Gibbs shaving stick

Another British Tech

I'm also strictly a face latherer and your research is spot on. The 620 is my favorite brush, it excels at face lathering. I hope you'll post your thoughts ounce you've tested it. :)
Received items today and this evening did a quick palm lather as a tester and to lose the slight whiff of pig. Chose pro green, as for me this a quite a strong scent. Soaked it for 5 minutes and went away. First thing that was immediately noticeable was the back bone, this brush I'm sure will stand up to anything you can throw at it. It chomped up the proraso into great peaks effortlessly. I simulated 3 passes & although the last pass was a little weak I'm confident that when it breaks in, it will release lather efficiently.
Going to let it dry out properly and then test it out with a hard soap. So far I'm very pleased with it, but for under £15 this piggy could be a dog & you wouldn't care! And it most certainly isn't.

Received items today and this evening did a quick palm lather as a tester and to lose the slight whiff of pig. Chose pro green, as for me this a quite a strong scent. Soaked it for 5 minutes and went away. First thing that was immediately noticeable was the back bone, this brush I'm sure will stand up to anything you can throw at it. It chomped up the proraso into great peaks effortlessly. I simulated 3 passes & although the last pass was a little weak I'm confident that when it breaks in, it will release lather efficiently.
Going to let it dry out properly and then test it out with a hard soap. So far I'm very pleased with it, but for under £15 this piggy could be a dog & you wouldn't care! And it most certainly isn't.
Thank you for the follow up. I'm very glad you're pleased with it so far. It will soften nicely while retaining it's backbone and will splay beautifully. I often get it to release it's last bit of soap by splaying on the chin and spreading it from there. In the effort to use up every bit of a particularly good soap I'll squeeze it out of the brush, scoop it up with the brush and take it to the face. Enjoy :)

Thank you for the follow up. I'm very glad you're pleased with it so far. It will soften nicely while retaining it's backbone and will splay beautifully. I often get it to release it's last bit of soap by splaying on the chin and spreading it from there. In the effort to use up every bit of a particularly good soap I'll squeeze it out of the brush, scoop it up with the brush and take it to the face. Enjoy :)
Yep. That.

Boars are a little weak when it comes to holding lather for three passes. I usually get two good passes and then a weak third pass, which is fine by me. The third pass is mostly for catching any stray bits, so a thin wet lather is perfect for that.

Yep. That.

Boars are a little weak when it comes to holding lather for three passes. I usually get two good passes and then a weak third pass, which is fine by me. The third pass is mostly for catching any stray bits, so a thin wet lather is perfect for that.
The 620 gives me a chuckle sometimes Ryan, have you noticed when wet it sometimes looks like Beaker from the Muppets :D
latest

Thanks Roby, that's what I pretty much do myself. I usually scoop out the last of my lather and leave it on my face after I've finished my passes and while I'm cleaning out my brush and razor. It's particularly good with soaps that have tallow or lanolin as a pre balm. I expected that when the brush blooms I'll be able to pick up lots more soap too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom