What are you waiting on to arrive? May 2021

I bought a cheap (tenner in Boots) synthetic Men-ü brush and it came with a plastic stand and travel/sample size tube of cream. Haven't really got round to trying it more than once as I kind of decided it would be for going away, now that might actually be possible again. That LE brush looks great though.
I didn’t think it was bad it worked out just over £63 the stand alone is about £17 thought £45 ish for the brush was okie but we will see when it arrives..only thing I’m not a fan of is that cheap plastic back ring around the knot would have looked nicer set straight into the handle..think it’s out for delivery today so will find out

Looks good. Actually I got my Men-ü brush out today with the intention of trying it (scuppered by work calling me) and it turns out it's actually boar masquerading as badger, not synthetic as I said earlier. Will try it tonight.

While I'm at it, is this Wilkinson Sword black tub soap the worst soap you can buy? I can't get it to work at all, admittedly I have very hard Thames water, yet I have no issues with my red Cella puck or the Palmolive and Proraso creams. Might end up in the skip at this rate.

Attachments

• 16219494492405907565102130605684.jpg
    16219494492405907565102130605684.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 4
Looks good. Actually I got my Men-ü brush out today with the intention of trying it (scuppered by work calling me) and it turns out it's actually boar masquerading as badger, not synthetic as I said earlier. Will try it tonight.

While I'm at it, is this Wilkinson Sword black tub soap the worst soap you can buy? I can't get it to work at all, admittedly I have very hard Thames water, yet I have no issues with my red Cella puck or the Palmolive and Proraso creams. Might end up in the skip at this rate.
Whatever you do be patient with breaking it in I tried to mash mine to speed things up and all I succeeded in doing was cracking the black plastic ring around the knot ! Think at the half price offer that look fantastic are offering the limited edition one at is really a great deal for the quality but will see how soft the knot is in the shave it does seem really soft but not quite as soft as a tuxedo will see how it feels on the face though

I know...I have issues but this will definitely be my last purchase for a couple of months now ! I’ve wanted one of these for a very long time and they were discontinued I’m not really a fan of the new version it’s been replaced with so when I saw Harvey Nichols had it I just had to order one..looks like I got the last one as it’s gone out of stock now...can’t wait !
31F01714-7BBB-4107-94BB-407DEEE4BFE5.jpeg

That is a very classy looking brush. Refreshingly different style, not traditional but not super modern. Hope it feels as good as it looks.
Thank you as far as I know it’s around a 24mm knot bit smaller than I normally use but it’s silvertip quality hair as far as I know hopefully be quite nice

A few practice razors for the hones, 2 x GD 208's (these were suggested as decent learning efforts) and a small NOS Russian. The russian wasn't recommended as a starter and might be a bit too much for me in the beginning as I believe the steel is a hard as hell (so I'll be patient), but it was cheap and shiny things always catch my eye (might be a terrible razor as well but I've spent more on a pizza so nothing lost).
Screenshot_20210529-154449_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20210530-083009_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
That's is for a while now lol.
Channel 9 No GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Back
Top Bottom