What are you waiting on to arrive? May 2021

Having tattoos on your hands seems to be quite socially acceptable these days.
I had my hands tattooed when I was 18-19 years old, (1988-89) and it was kind of a stigma.
I could sense peoples attitudes towards me would change when they noticed the tattoos - to the point that they would give me untrusting dirty looks, and I was stared at my complete strangers in the street/in shops & restaurants etc.
I also had a small tattoo either side of my neck, which likely compounded people's opinions of me.
In my 40's I had laser removal treatment on my hands and neck. Unfortunately, the pigments in the tattoos on my hands are quite resistant to the laser and have only made them fade. The ones on my neck responded quite well, and could probably be completely gone with 1-2 more sessions.

Being a lifelong fan of tattoos, I'm now at the stage where my entire body (yes - entire body) is tattooed. You would struggle to get a fag paper between the ink on my arms, legs, and torso.
I've about another 12 hours of work to go to complete my bodysuit, and thats me done.
I won't be having my hands and neck tattooed again.

sorry to have butted in, but I feel a sense of responsibility to put my thoughts and experiences across regarding hand and neck tattoos, having lived the experience myself.

We're all grown ups here, but I would suggest extra thought and consideration is given before getting your hands tattooed.
Hi Paul I appreciate your reply I must admit it doesn’t happen often but I have sensed the odd change in attitude from a complete stranger when they have seen my full sleeve the work is really quite dense. I have a small one inside my ear it doesn’t really get noticed much but when it does it really starts some conversations more so than any of my others to be honest everyone assumes it must have been really painful but I never felt a thing. I have one on the back of my neck that i had done very young it’s right at the bottom of my neck so covers with any top I wear ! I would never go for a face tattoo but I do want one hand doing and finger tattoos on the opposite hand but as you say perhaps I should give it a lot more thought, every family member is against the hands for fear of judgement but our lass doesn’t mind as long as it’s not the face ! I still have a lot of work I want doing the rest of my half sleeve completing, a half leg chest and back so I think I will leave the hand right till the very end and make a decision then..thank you for your input I really do appreciate that as personal experience and the reality are best known before going ahead with something so permanent..think depending where I am career wise may have an impact on my choice too. Maybe I should go with the fingers before the hand and see how I go living with it first

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Got this Factory Fresh..NOS..Dovo Model 44 Inox 5/8th..Stainless Job Coming in the Post..These are Lovely Razors..I Homed One Once & Liked it..Horn Scales & its an Older Model which were Better Made I Reckon..Got it for a Good Price an All...This One is Stamped on the Tang..The Newer Models are Not Deeply Factory Stamped the Same as this One..
:D

I Need Help..
:happy102:

Na..Enjoyrd My Wee Buying Purge Lately..Delighted..
:love055:

:happy093:

Billy

200 Personna Israeli Reds from Connaught shaving

Still waiting for the Fatboy’s return...impatiently! It left Chris from Razorplate on the 3rd of May and the States on the 9th. Surely it can’t be much longer?! I’m getting very close to having to buy a new toy in the interim! Oh and I bought another yaqi brush and thought I’d try their cream too!

Attachments

• 6EE93C2B-1E95-4AC5-8D1E-4831962B9261.jpeg
    6EE93C2B-1E95-4AC5-8D1E-4831962B9261.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 3
  • 6F93113D-2841-419E-A26A-64B24C884BF8.jpeg
    6F93113D-2841-419E-A26A-64B24C884BF8.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 3
  • EF0B992E-9085-4070-9CB9-EECCC29AA81E.jpeg
    EF0B992E-9085-4070-9CB9-EECCC29AA81E.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3
  • AFFF32AA-12F2-4CFF-8C1B-4E043E11B6F0.jpeg
    AFFF32AA-12F2-4CFF-8C1B-4E043E11B6F0.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 3
3 bottles Floid Menthol Vigoroso aftershave, Summer Sale special price. Free shipping
Cella Milano almond shaving soap
5 Voskhod razor blades

The collection is starting to increase to the point where sending them out would be cost prohibitive (well over the years it will) so I've taken the plunge. This may turn out to be an abject failure, but we'll see how it plays out (YouTube on repeat and slo-mo here I come) :View attachment 70311
I’ll not be far behind you Marc once this tattoo is out of the way...not that I’m doing very well at abstinence at the minute, I’ve been out spending again lol

I’ll not be far behind you Marc once this tattoo is out of the way...not that I’m doing very well at abstinence at the minute, I’ve been out spending again lol
Ha ha fair enough man, considering I said earlier this month I'm not spending any more I'm not doing well either. But I reasoned (or rather made excuses) that for the cost of one new razor I may as well get something that will let me maintain the ones I already have. Once I get the hang of it anyway.

Ha ha fair enough man, considering I said earlier this month I'm not spending any more I'm not doing well either. But I reasoned (or rather made excuses) that for the cost of one new razor I may as well get something that will let me maintain the ones I already have. Once I get the hang of it anyway.
Yes why not the stones are a very good investment in my eyes..enjoy them I hope it all goes well let me know how you’re getting on I would be very interested to know mate

Here we go again the amount of restraint I show really takes some doing ! My first ever brush that got me into wet shaving was a Christmas gift stocking filler about 6 years ago from our lass and it was the basic men-u brush since then I’ve always eyed up the limited edition brush they brought out but at £124 I really couldn’t justify it not knowing the quality..having just ordered the men-u shave cream at mankind I’ve been browsing their other products and have found the brush on offer at half price at look fantastic so I’ve ordered one surprise surprise !
4B8A9D45-6478-4B18-8B99-37CC522A8718.jpegE8EB83E3-EF17-4221-BF94-BA3FF96D8668.jpeg99EEA344-AC96-42D5-B7B4-3964B42C0C08.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom