What are you reading at the moment?

I am incredibly sorry to Bob if this has caused offence which it in all fairness, it very likely will have. The good Count was too gentlemanly in his response: my post was much too harsh, nary just a little. I apologise unreservedly as now that the red mist as left me, I can understand why someone would want to read 'it' and Shemen Zait makes the most valid point in his post. I do agree with the Count on the suffix used, however.

Off to lie down in a darkened room.

Sorry chaps, I did it again. No excuses.....:blush:

Just finished the very sad and wonderfully written The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer.

Now reading Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five. I'm not far in and it's already rather odd.

Pig Cat said:
Just finished the very sad and wonderfully written The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer.

Now reading Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five. I'm not far in and it's already rather odd.

Slaughterhouse-Five was excellent. It turned out to be a very thoughtful and humorous book about war with a science-fiction element. I had no idea what it was about before reading it, so was rather surprised.

Now this, more SF:

13498.jpg

Just starting the original uplift trilogy. So far really enjoying it, good old school scifi with talking dolphins be G helped by humans, loads of different races, and lots of politics with having them on earth. What's not to like....

Guards!, Guards! by Terry Pratchett.

Alzheimer's, you say?

No shit, Sherlock.

Next up, a fuckton of 'Investment' books as I have paid off my mortgage and have much more money than I know what to (reasonably) do with.

Gairdner said:
I am incredibly sorry to Bob if this has caused offence which it in all fairness, it very likely will have. The good Count was too gentlemanly in his response: my post was much too harsh, nary just a little. I apologise unreservedly as now that the red mist as left me, I can understand why someone would want to read 'it' and Shemen Zait makes the most valid point in his post. I do agree with the Count on the suffix used, however.

Off to lie down in a darkened room.

Sorry chaps, I did it again. No excuses.....:blush:

I have a copy, some good points about unions and stuff.

When I've finished the 'Protocols' I'll give it another run out.

joe mcclaine said:

Alzheimer's, you say?

No shit, Sherlock.

Next up, a fuckton of 'Investment' books as I have paid off my mortgage and have much more money than I know what to (reasonably) do with.

Making money by the same author should be right down your street then fella.

RB73 said:
Tall_Paul said:
Another book from the master storyteller.

517XtoXwb5L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Get "Black house" ready to jump straight into after that one fella, both great books.

It's already lined up on the Kindle! Am enjoying Talisman very much indeed.

joe mcclaine said:

Alzheimer's, you say?

No shit, Sherlock.

Pension, pension, pension!

Now our mortgage has gone it's pension all the way. Early retirement is where it's at!

Tall_Paul said:
Pension, pension, pension!

Now our mortgage has gone it's pension all the way. Early retirement is where it's at!

Was planning on retiring at 50 on 50% (gold plated, civil service) pension, but the government have fettered that idea, for now.

Back
Top Bottom