What are you reading at the moment?

justcallmegreg said:
After much enjoyment of the bond movies being shown on Sunday afternoons I have just finished my first bond book - live and let die - and it's bloody fantastic !

All the Ian Fleming books are fantastic. You have to be a certain age to understand and enjoy the Cold War period feel but they're great reads!

illuminatus3.jpg

Armies of the Raj: From the Mutiny to Independence 1856-1947 by Byron Farwell. Not bad, but not as good as Philip Mason's earlier A Matter of Honour: An Account of the Indian Army, its Officers and Men.

I found both Hobbit films rather far-fetched, especially the second, so thought I'd re-read the book. It's very entertaining. They are currently at Lake Town and so far there is no sign of Legolas...

Pig Cat said:
I found both Hobbit films rather far-fetched, especially the second, so thought I'd re-read the book. It's very entertaining. They are currently at Lake Town and so far there is no sign of Legolas...

I have the same intention - when I get a little more time - for exactly the same reason.
By the time Legolas had appeared, Gandalf had worked out who the Necromancer was (he does it again at the start of the LOTR(film) doesn't he, after visiting Frodo?) and then the Elf/Dwarf love thing I'd pretty much lost interest. Went to the loo and missed the ending and couldn't be bothered to rewind.

Looking forward to the book, it's been a long time.

Count of Undolpho said:
By the time Legolas had appeared, Gandalf had worked out who the Necromancer was (he does it again at the start of the LOTR(film) doesn't he, after visiting Frodo?) and then the Elf/Dwarf love thing I'd pretty much lost interest. Went to the loo and missed the ending and couldn't be bothered to rewind.

Don't worry, all you missed was half an hour of Smaug chasing dwarves around the inside of a mountain, and somehow failing to catch or injure a single one. :icon_rolleyes:

I'm studying Russian history. One of my latest retirement projects. Trying to get a deeper insight into the events that led up to the 1917 revolutions, I'm now reading:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/071267327X/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d23_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=0G7VTXEC0S21P1QZ1RT2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455346027&pf_rd_i=468294

Fido said:
I'm studying Russian history. One of my latest retirement projects. Trying to get a deeper insight into the events that led up to the 1917 revolutions, I'm now reading:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/071267327X/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d23_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=0G7VTXEC0S21P1QZ1RT2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455346027&pf_rd_i=468294
Fascinating subject. Have you taken a look at some of the material written by Robert Service? Highly recommended.

Fido said:

Follow the Money. Strange why capitalist banks would finance a communist revolution. Once they had all the czar's money for safekeeping, may be the didn't need the czar any more(;-(

Back
Top Bottom