What are you driving?

Bristol made beautiful cars (they still do), and then they made mine! I think somone at Bristol had a brainstorm, ( or should that be a breakdown?).

However, she is wonderful to drive. She's an old ugly slapper with a heart of gold who goes like buggery! :lol:

Of course I'll take in good spirit..everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Here is the Bristol I should have bought! :roll: "The Teardrop Special"

Attachments

• tds 2.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 30
  • tds.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 29
Lovely but what about this for 176K + change.

Blenheim3S1.jpg

Must be American V8 with that capacity, no? Not Rover.

Antdad,

you're quite right. From about 1960 onwards, Bristol stopped making their own 2 litre engines, and started importing specially designed Chrysler V8's to go into all the later models.

Attachments

• my v8.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 22
I was thinking of the Bleinheim like a prestigious hybrid of Jag front end with twin lamps + back end of a Bentley after having raided the parts bin of British Leyland.

It's a bit like finding out the Queen is eating her breakie out of tuperware.

The sports models look very nice though.

:lol: They are exraordinary cars, nothing drives quite like a Bristol, even an old one like mine still drives beautifully. There is just something about them.

Attachments

• B130adSmedium.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 16
N_Architect said:
If someone comes today and tells you: "If you get completely drunk on Friday night, you'll be fined 300 quid and get 5 points in your license."
How will that make you feel?
Who gives that idiot the right to come and instruct you on how much, when, where and under what circumstances you can getting drunk? Nobody.
But that idiot takes the right to come and enforce you this, simply because 'drinking' can kill or damage your well being. Just like speed can do, or almost just.

Yeah I totally agree, what an idiot they must be. :roll: Drinking and driving is just a test of my driving skills. If I happen to mow down a queue of people at the bus stop it was probably just meant to be, and of course they take a risk standing by the side of the road in the first place. I wish everyone would keep their nose out of my business as my actions make no difference to their lives and vice versa. I just wish everyone had my amazing skills and judgement plus a high performance vehicle then they would think a bit differently about road safety. :D

Not important, but to clarify:

When I wrote "...If someone comes today and tells you: "If you get completely drunk on Friday night, you'll be fined 300 quid and get 5 points in your license." " I meant just getting drunk on a night out, not drink and drive. Just get drunk, then return home on taxi, on foot, but not driving on your own. Nobody is allowed to come and fine you for that. But that doesn't mean this isn't dangerous for your safety or for the safety of others.

In any case, this strict enforcement of 'rules' is too much. Yes, you can exercise some control in city areas, etc. but having traffic patrols out at 6am on a Saturday morning pulling over drivers because they were doing 80km on a 50km speed limit empty road, I'm sorry, I just can't take that. There needs to be some discretion exercised, we're not all criminals or anarchists.

I stop here anyway, as I've said too much and perhaps hijacked the thread (and that's not good as I like and respect all of you). :)

Back
Top Bottom