Acast (I even paid for it!) - Podcatcher
Advanced Task Killer Free
And Explorer - File Manager
Barcode Scanner
F-Secure Anti-Theft - If it gets half-inched, I want it back or my stuff wiped
Google Sky Map - Just because
GPS Status - Just Because
gvSIG Mini Map - amongst other things there's an OS map layer
Wifi Analyzer - always handy to see all the WLANs around you - especially open ones ;)

"What Android apps are indispensible?"

I could probably live without it HM, but the robot King Kong in Universal Studios theme park was was quite good.

Yours the silverback

air horn app that plays 'la cucaracha'
Family guy soundboard
Lightsaber
RAC traffic is pretty good
Free Caddie

Advanced task killer
Peep
Twidroid
Facebook for android
AK Notepad
Google listen (for podcasts)
Scanner radio
ShopSavvy
Quickoffice
3banana notes
ChompSMS
Google sky map
Spotify
Google earth
Facebook for android
Google translate
GPS Status
WiFi analyzer
BT FON
My tracks

Documents to go (a paid-for app)
Advanced Task Killer
Google Maps
My Tracks
Grid reference
Pkt auctions ebay
Calculator
Bluetooth file transfer
Secrets
AK notepad
Handcent SMS
BBC News widget
The Weather Channel
TV Guide
FxCamera
Ringdroid
Wapedia

Advanced Task Killer
Google Maps
Ebay App
Facebook for Android (if you use FB)
Barcode Scanner
Mahjong
Family Guy Soundboard
The Big Lebowski Soundboard

Im still exploring the world of Android.
HM is it a wildfire or a desire that you have?

Which handsets are you guys using?

My network is offering the HTC Desire for 50 quid as my upgrade was due last month. I'm happy with my tariff.

Should i go fo the Desire? Someone told me it cannot store apps on the storage card and so, you have to store them on the phone. I don't like the sound o that.

The network will also offer the htc touch 2 which is a windows mobile OS phone.

I currently use a ery old HTC Kaiser which i like apart from the bulk of the external slide-out keyboard which i do not use as i use the onscreen one.

I stuck tomtom, weather app, facebook, twitter, and an email client on there and it's working out well. Can be a bit slow at times.

Hmmmm something about that HTC Desire...

Mate at work and my kid brother both have Desires and they both reckon they are the mutt's nuts.

They have both forced me to watch as they went through their apps and showed me how great they were.

They wouldn't let me have a full go on them as they just knew the first place I'd look would be their photo and video folders.

The App-on-SD thing comes with the Froyo (2.2) upgrade (and the apps being capable of course) - the Desire's 2.2 upgrade has been out for months (operator free handsets) and now most networks have rolled out their versions of it.

I have a Wildfire (bought operator free) that's still waiting for the 2.2 upgrade (due in Q4) - obviously those on network-specific handsets get to wait longer for that.

Having come from a series of WinMobile phones (5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 6.5), I am not going back.

On a related note,

How much hassle would it be to create a TSR mobile site?

It's great that I can access the full site on my phone but a mobile site would be fantastic.

andyjreid said:
It's great that I can access the full site on my phone but a mobile site would be fantastic.

You mean like Hunnymonster driving round the county in van, preferably an old ice cream van dishing up 99 cornets of lather and screwballs with a ball of alum at the bottom?

antdad said:
andyjreid said:

You mean like Hunnymonster driving round the county in van, preferably an old ice cream van dishing up 99 cornets of lather and screwballs with a ball of alum at the bottom?

Ha ha... I now have an image of HM doing that............

Hunnymonster's TSR Van

The parents started questioning things when the kids were coming home with razorblades in their sweeties :eek:

Okay Hando's got me...it's really my dream to do that in an old Citreon van and give everybody the bird whilst distributing shaving products.

"Here's your frigging lather now f**k off"

Back
Top Bottom