Wembeeeeley!!!!

Nishy said:
They have a designated car park at the tube station or you can park on the parents driveway which is a 10 minute walk to the station let me know if interested

Nishy....That is remarkably kind of you! I will let you know.

For the record I have already booked a car park space at the stadium as it looked like the tubes wouldn't be working, and I have just arranged to meet friends afterwards at some kind of shopping outlet for food afterwards, to let the traffic clear, so hopefully we will be OK.

However .......after hearing all the horror stories I am becoming tempted to write-off the carpark ticket and tube it!

I used to be indecisive, but now-a-days I'm not so sure!

Thanks again and I will discuss with friends tonight and let you know!

Matt

MPH said:
Nishy said:
They have a designated car park at the tube station or you can park on the parents driveway which is a 10 minute walk to the station let me know if interested

Nishy....That is remarkably kind of you! I will let you know.

For the record I have already booked a car park space at the stadium as it looked like the tubes wouldn't be working, and I have just arranged to meet friends afterwards at some kind of shopping outlet for food afterwards, to let the traffic clear, so hopefully we will be OK.

However .......after hearing all the horror stories I am becoming tempted to write-off the carpark ticket and tube it!

I used to be indecisive, but now-a-days I'm not so sure!

Thanks again and I will discuss with friends tonight and let you know!

Matt
Tube it 100% driving on game day is a nightmare and the tube takes less than 10mins from Stanmore and its a nice area if your taking kids. Also newer furnished tubes so all in all well worth it. The outlet is wembley is good for food and a bit of shopping the mexican place has good buritos.

I too am going to the Norwich v Middlesborough game on Monday, as a season ticket holder and long term supporter, this will be my first trip to the new Wembley, but I was there for the milk cup final in '85 and the league cup final v Aston villa in, I think '72.

I am taking my 80 year old father, so the tube is not viable, so have booked parking at Wembley stadium as he hold a blue badge.

My daughter happened to already be home from university in Bournemouth for the Radio 1 big weekend, which also happens to be in Norwich and she's held a season ticket at Norwich since she was 6! She's coming to the playoff final, but we need to take her to Victoria after the game to catch coach back to Bournemouth, should, be an interesting journey to Victoria! But at least the main thrust of traffic should be to the North when we are going south!

OTBC!

Simon

Just another though, I can remember going to the villa game in '72 and I was 6 then, but can really only re,ember sitting on the wooden benches and vaguely the game, so as was suggested earlier, take loads of photos!

Simon

Scswalex said:
I too am going to the Norwich v Middlesborough game on Monday, as a season ticket holder and long term supporter, this will be my first trip to the new Wembley, but I was there for the milk cup final in '85 and the league cup final v Aston villa in, I think '72.

I am taking my 80 year old father, so the tube is not viable, so have booked parking at Wembley stadium as he hold a blue badge.

My daughter happened to already be home from university in Bournemouth for the Radio 1 big weekend, which also happens to be in Norwich and she's held a season ticket at Norwich since she was 6! She's coming to the playoff final, but we need to take her to Victoria after the game to catch coach back to Bournemouth, should, be an interesting journey to Victoria! But at least the main thrust of traffic should be to the North when we are going south!

OTBC!

Simon

Just another though, I can remember going to the villa game in '72 and I was 6 then, but can really only re,ember sitting on the wooden benches and vaguely the game, so as was suggested earlier, take loads of photos!

Simon

Hi Scswalex

OTBC!!!!!

Hope we have a good day out!!!!! I'd offer to meet you there and buy you a pint, but with 90000 people descending in one small area its going to be chaos!

Where about are you in the stand? I'm in area 519... Up in the gods!

Matt

If any you guys are into vintage they just found a WWII bomb there.
Genuine Krupp steel with a natural patina to be expected with the age and
only been dropped once.

:icon_razz:

Dave-the-rave said:
If any you guys are into vintage they just found a WWII bomb there.
Genuine Krupp steel with a natural patina to be expected with the age and
only been dropped once.

:icon_razz:
Lol!!!!

Hopefully its gone by Monday!!!! Was going to be an explosive atmosphere as it was!!!! :)

Greetings

I'd be really careful venturing inside the M25, the last Norfolkman to do so (I believe it was in the late seventies) was captured by one of the machete wielding gangs that roam the streets of London chopped up and boiled up in a huge pot to make 'London Stew'

If you really must do it I would take your twelve bore and a box of cartridges containing heavy shot!

That place is too scary for us Norfolkmen!

Regards
Dick.

[/quote]
Hi Scswalex

OTBC!!!!!

Hope we have a good day out!!!!! I'd offer to meet you there and buy you a pint, but with 90000 people descending in one small area its going to be chaos!

Where about are you in the stand? I'm in area 519... Up in the gods!

Matt
[/quote]
We are in block 507, the other sided the ground!

As you say pinpointing indoividuals in the ground will not be easy! But as always when we go to these events, we always seem to bump into people we have seen for ages!

OTBC!!!

Simon

Hi

Just in case anyone is interested.... driving out of Wembley was fine! We went for pizza after the game and by the time we got back most of the traffic had passed. There was still about 30 mins or so of slow traffic around the circular road, but not too bad.

Getting in however was far more painful, so if you ever drive to Wembley, get there super early and go for pizza afterwards and you'll be fine!

As for the game.......what can I say....well chuffed!!!!

Matt

Back
Top Bottom