Wembeeeeley!!!!

MPH

Hi

Anyone off to Wembley this weekend for football playoffs???

Good luck to everyone ... Except Middlesbrough .... No offence, but I'll be there supporting Norwich!

Actually decided to drive to stadium as there were threats of train strikes... May be interesting as I've rarely driven inside the M25.

Matt

antdad said:
Isn't the strike next week? Just park up at one of the satellite towns on the met line.

Strike is off but engineering works are probably a problem.

MPH said:
Hi

Anyone off to Wembley this weekend for football playoffs???

Good luck to everyone ... Except Middlesbrough .... No offence, but I'll be there supporting Norwich!

Actually decided to drive to stadium as there were threats of train strikes... May be interesting as I've rarely driven inside the M25.

Matt

Matt

After experience parking at the stadium once my self, Southampton Johnstones Paint Final. Don't do it ! It took an age getting out of the congestion. Park up and Tube it in

Hi

Looks like strike is off so should be OK. Game is on Monday and strikes due to start at 17:00 so I could get there but not back!

Wondered if queing for tube would take as long as getting out of carpark? Will have my 6 year old with me so will prob try to find some food after game and wait for everyone else to leave! Don't want to extend being trapped in a car any longer than required.

Definately will consider the tubing it in though.

Matt

MPH said:
Hi

Looks like strike is off so should be OK. Game is on Monday and strikes due to start at 17:00 so I could get there but not back!

Wondered if queing for tube would take as long as getting out of carpark? Will have my 6 year old with me so will prob try to find some food after game and wait for everyone else to leave! Don't want to extend being trapped in a car any longer than required.

Matt

Probably your best bet eating and waiting. It was really bad when we did it. Give it an hour though and you should be ok. Getting in wasn't too bad and we were there around an hour before kick off.

Yes it is cancelled. Just mentioned it in my post above!

Saying that... Will probably be back on tomorrow! ;-)

MPH said:
Hi

Matt

Have a great day with your lad, it will be a nice one to remember.

I took my son, and I also took him to his first gig. And I've promised him his first pint.

Northam Saint said:
MPH said:
Hi

Matt

I took my son, and I also took him to his first gig. And I've promised him his first pint.
Thanks!

I am hoping this is the sort of thing that dreams are made of, that hell remember forever, but I'm slightly concerned the car journey either side won't be quite so enjoyable!

Saying that... I can't remember much from when I was 6, so in years to come I'll probably be reminiscing about the trip\game and he will have no recollection of it!!!! ;-)

MPH said:
Northam Saint said:
MPH said:
Hi

Matt

Thanks!

I am hoping this is the sort of thing that dreams are made of, that hell remember forever, but I'm slightly concerned the car journey either side won't be quite so enjoyable!

Saying that... I can't remember much from when I was 6, so in years to come I'll probably be reminiscing about the trip\game and he will have no recollection of it!!!! ;-)

Take loads of photos.

My son was a little older so he remembers. As for the gig we went to see Band Of Skulls at Southampton, my team and use to be home town. My son loves the band and my mate is a friend of Emma (bassist) in the band. So he got the ticket signed to my son. It sits on the wall with a nice photo behind it all framed up. He's even kept the hand written envelope she wrote.

London is not made for driving. And I find surburbia even worse then the central London. Park up somewhere like Watford and get the overland to Wembley. It will be far quicker and less stressful than driving and parking.

Have a great day however you choose to do it.

jds said:
London is not made for driving. And I find surburbia even worse then the central London. Park up somewhere like Watford and get the overland to Wembley. It will be far quicker and less stressful than driving and parking.

Or 10 mins from stanmore, free parking and you get to meet me :)

Nishy said:
jds said:

Or 10 mins from stanmore, free parking and you get to meet me :)

Isn't the parking a problem at Stanmore on a Match Day?

They have a designated car park at the tube station or you can park on the parents driveway which is a 10 minute walk to the station let me know if interested

Back
Top Bottom