Vegan Soap

Just a question lads
are people buying vegan soaps because they are vegan or because they like the idea or they don’t get on with tallow or just jumping on a bandwagon
serious question
I like good products
i like nice stuff
i have 3 ariana & evans shaving butters which i like very much but i have zero intention in renewing them when they are done or any interest in buying any more vegan products.

I’m all for choice and i’m 100% glad there is soaps available for plant based diet folk
but what i can’t stand is the likes of tabac or any other favourite going vegan.
Have a vegan option definitely
but i hope that all manufacturers don’t go down this route

I'm a bit late to this, and it sounds like you have some good suggestions already, but I would avoid 'cosy cottage' stuff. They're one of these 'ethical' soap companies that have sprung up, and their regular soaps may well be fine, but the lather from their shaving soap would die before I managed to complete a pass.

Smelled nice, though, and made a reasonable hand soap. (I try to find the positives...)

Just a question lads
are people buying vegan soaps because they are vegan or because they like the idea or they don’t get on with tallow or just jumping on a bandwagon
serious question
I like good products
i like nice stuff
i have 3 ariana & evans shaving butters which i like very much but i have zero intention in renewing them when they are done or any interest in buying any more vegan products.

I’m all for choice and i’m 100% glad there is soaps available for plant based diet folk
but what i can’t stand is the likes of tabac or any other favourite going vegan.
Humans are omnivores, not herbivores. It's a sociopolitical movement where some are shamed into participation.

Humans are omnivores, not herbivores. It's a sociopolitical movement where some are shamed into participation.
I’m more than happy to try them whether social or not.
Having said that i very much doubt i would have bought vegan but my wife bought me 3.
I think every individual is entitled to get a product they want but if companies like tabac go all vegan i can see them losing a lot of custom

Just a question lads
serious question
I like good products
i like nice stuff

Mine is a simple explanation , I eat a completely plant based diet and do my best to avoid everything derived from animals.

Just a question lads
serious question

I have tallow soaps, vegan soaps and creams.

Generally I find myself using vegan soaps/creams in the summer, as I find tallow shaving soaps can feel a bit greasy on my skin during the summer and conversely I use tallow shaving soaps in the winter more, with central heating and so on, but it's not a science and more of a habit than anything else. Like I love using menthol shaving creams in the summer (eg Palmolive Menthol/Proraso Green), and shaving sticks in the winter (eg Tabac, Palmolive Stick).

I can understand why some look for vegan shaving soaps, I myself generally choose something whether it is likely to make my face burn or not.

Don’t get me wrong it’s not a criticism on my part i’m just asking a question
My Wife has been vegetarian since before i met her and we’ve been together over 25 years but over the last 5 years she’s she’s more predominantly vegan.
she dosent push me or my lads and respects other believes.
On a personal note i don’t think vegan soaps are for me which is quite contradictory because i like the ones i have.
As i say hopefully more manufacturers bring vegan based soaps out but keep the tallow as well

Don’t get me wrong it’s not a criticism on my part i’m just asking a question
My Wife has been vegetarian since before i met her and we’ve been together over 25 years but over the last 5 years she’s she’s more predominantly vegan.
she dosent push me or my lads and respects other believes.
On a personal note i don’t think vegan soaps are for me which is quite contradictory because i like the ones i have.
As i say hopefully more manufacturers bring vegan based soaps out but keep the tallow as well
I didn't take take as criticism at all Mike. My wife and I are both Vegan , but I completely agree it is different approaches for different people and whatever works for the individual.

My view on Tallow is it is just another ingredient , and good soap is surely good soap be it Tallow or Not Tallow. Take S.V. they have been making soap for nearly 80 years and don't use Tallow.

I didn't take take as criticism at all Mike. My wife and I are both Vegan , but I completely agree it is different approaches for different people and whatever works for the individual.

My view on Tallow is it is just another ingredient , and good soap is surely good soap be it Tallow or Not Tallow. Take S.V. they have been making soap for nearly 80 years and don't use Tallow.
i don’t mean you in general Russ
because my wife is vegetarian i spoke about it on many an occasion and it certainly makes for a good argument as a lot of people think it’s a criticism.
Personally speaking i think every manufacturer should bring out vegan soap,
people should have a choice but they also shouldn’t lose site on the people that have kept them going over the years.
Again going back to Tabac good on them for bringing out a vegan soap but man they should also stick with their original recipe that’s made them their cash over the years.

Over the years I've tried a lot of soaps, both tallow and vegan. Been down a few rabbitholes, particularly Mitchell's, which was sometimes superb and sometimes a struggle. I've tried most of the big name tallow soaps, as well as the vegan ones. I just seem to have gradually ended up preferring the vegan ones. Something someone said about greasiness rings true. I might say my face just feels cleaner afterwards.

I'm lucky in general with my skin. I don't feel the soap makes a HUGE amount of difference to me. I bet I could shave just fine with water.

P.S. Are aftershaves generally vegan? You can usually tell with soap by checking for tallow, but no idea how you tell with aftershaves.
It very much depends as often ingredients will be from Animals or though more often secretions and not derived from slaughter , and then after that there is the whole Animal Testing piece.

Back
Top Bottom