United/Moyes - Where has it all gone so wrong?

Spotted this article this morning where ex-United and Ireland player Johnny Giles shares his views on the matter -

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/robin-van-persie-prat-declares-johnny-giles-rt-225335452.html

It goes from bad to worse. Klop would be a good choice but not sure he'll come, seems to like being at Dortmund and loyal to them. Though perhaps Bayern's domestic omnipotence under Guardiola might encourage him to look for a new challenge. Equally, given the kind of guy he seems to be it may fortify him with the determination to challenge Bayern seriously next season.

I rather hope they give Moyes the chop after the very likely embarrassment against Bayern and appoint Giggsy in time to get his feet under the desk ahead of the transfer window. Never know, he could be United's answer to Pep at Barca. Add Scholes to the coaching staff and that could be tasty.

Whoever is in charge is going to be hampered by the limitations of Glazernomics unfortunately.

He needs another season, as considering he has spent 67.5 million in the short time he's been there and still taking backward steps it should be a right giggle next season if they give him 200 million+ to spend.

When you consider they won't be playing champions league football in the foreseeable future add 850 million pounds debt to the mix then Alan Sugars words spring to mind, there's not a single business could be run along these lines not long now the bubble will burst, and that doesn't mean Man united once one falls they will tumble like domino's.

Fergie couldn't be bothered to rebuild and left him a very poor squad
Smalling, jones and cleverly absolute garbage
Vera, rio aging
Rooney only turns up every other game

Add to that a manager very much out of his depth and you have somthing most football fans are happy with

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugUAgG4POQk[/video]

Brilliant! LOL. Keep 'em coming, gallows humour n all tha'. Seeking sustenance where we can get it at the mo'

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-fans-bid-fly-6882888

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/random-moyes-excuse-generator-david-6877533

Just read this on BBC

Manchester United's troubled defence of their Premier League title is harming the English top flight's worldwide brand, says the competition's chief executive Richard Scudamore.

Under new boss David Moyes, United are seventh in a disappointing campaign.The 20-time champions are 18 points adrift of leaders Chelsea.

"It's a double-edged sword," said Scudamore. "When your most popular club isn't doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places."

Former Everton manager Moyes has watched the Red Devils suffer 10 defeats in 31 league matches since he replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, who retired last summer after almost 27 years in charge.

His team were knocked out of the FA Cup at the third-round stage before being eliminated from teh Capital One Cup in the semi--finals.

They have reached the Champions League quarter-finals, where they will face defending champions Bayern Munich next month.

"There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again," Scudamore told Bloomberg.

"But you have to balance that off against, generally, we're in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete."

Might explain why people think that they always seem to get beneficial treatment from the authorities, and shows Scudamore`s priorities
He should be fired for suggesting that keeping Man United at the top is a competing interest against fair and open competition.

Immediately.

I have absolutely no interest in football or sport for that matter, yet I am surprised how much influence the manager has over a club.
I always thought all the talent was in the players...

anotheruser said:
I have absolutely no interest in football or sport for that matter, yet I am surprised how much influence the manager has over a club.

Training, tactics, morale most things the manager implements affects the players.

Great managers can inspire less so great teams

Al H said:
anotheruser said:

Training, tactics, morale most things the manager implements affects the players.

Great managers can inspire less so great teams

Probably the best example is Brian Clough - took two less than great teams to dizzy heights but then fell to earth with a very talented Leeds team.

Back
Top Bottom