Unhelpful sevice OSP

Markmonaghan.You are entitled to your opinions just like everyone else is.If people don't like what you say,then tough imo.Don't ever feel like you have to apologise to people that you don't know.Everyone has a right to speak their mind when spending hard earned £.

Indeed , all I said that James was not like that in my experience and was most helpful to his customers and I think it was inferred that I was not an intelligent person and could not sense "tone" in an email, so yes who insulted who? Very good question.

Id refer you gentleman to pickled's post above. Could i ask that we just move on now as it's finished as far as im concerned.

Thanks

Thanks Jack

I'd apologise to anyone if i thought it required it.

I was lucky to find this site and converse mostly with like minded people.

Hope your weekend is going well.

Thanks again

Mark
No worries.We are all friends here,both old & new & occasionally have crossed words with each other like any online forums.All said & done it's easy to misunderstand or take things the wrong way with any type of communication online.We all do it.I look forward to future conversations with you.Have a nice Sunday.Jack:)

Hi gents.

Don't want to re-open the can of worms, but I feel like I need to represent myself.

I pride myself on my customer service and don't take too kindly to someone, whoever they may be, giving myself or my company negative feedback (constructive feedback is welcomed, mind) that is unjustified.

Upon receiving an email asking about providing an alternative method of payment and raising my attention to the fact that there is no phone number on my site (good point - will be added tomorrow), I replied asking what the customer would like to order and if a bank transfer would be suitable. In my eyes this is part of going the extra mile to accommodate all customers.

I received a reply stating what the customer would like and was also told that the total came to £21.00 including shipping.

I don't know where this figure came from, but I politely told the customer that with a 15% discount the total came to £24.35. I explained how this figure could be worked out and if they would like to go ahead then they are more than welcome to let me know and we can continue with the order.

I received a rather short and abrupt email stating that I clearly did not want the business and that the customer would not be continuing with the order.

I have in no way been rude, offensive or given bad service. In fact as you can see, I have tried to go out of my way to help.

I want to make it clear to everyone that I will bend over backwards for my customers (and anyone else in the shaving community for that mater). I hate bad service and it seems to be happening everywhere I go. I hate that and I do my utmost to ensure my customers don't feel like that when they deal with me.

That being said, I do not believe my business should be tarnished with the stigma of bad customer service just because I corrected a customer on their price.

Lastly, thanks to all the gents that stuck up for me.

Thanks again.

James.

I was seeking opinion, that's all. I wasn't happy the figure came from your site on the payment page. I felt justified in making my response as a customer who tries to help a number of businesses with sales. It's your site and system. you offered the discount, the discount was applied the price was wrong and that's my fault?

It's your system that appears wrong, as it gave the incorrect price, which I think some of the members noted. I didn't just make the price up(!)

I'm not out to tarnish businesses, and had heard of how good your products are, hence my keenness to order.

I thought the matter was concluded, but if you want it to continue then I'll say sorry now and leave the site as I really can't be bothered and know that there will be more comments on this.

I note MarkB indicated that there may be a glich on your site, perhaps that's it. I'm not a techie though so wouldn't know.

As I have said as far as I'm concerned it's over. Enough people on here (and elsewhere) have told me how good your product is, so like I said earlier if you want to carry this on please feel free to do so.

I don't want to carry on Mark. Just feel like I should have my say.

Before sending you the email, I tried to figure out how you reached that price (which I couldn't and think I stated in my reply in the email string).

Here is what I'll do, if you are interested:

If you can show me a screenshot of the soap and aftershave plus delivery with the 15% applied all coming to a total of £21.00 as you stated in your email, I will send you them at zero cost.

I'm afraid I can't offer you any better customer service than that.

However you decide to proceed, please don't leave this site. It is a brilliant place and seeing as it was this website through which my soap was developed, it has a special place in my heart and I promise you that you will be missing out on great info and friends if you do decide to leave.

Check MarkB's post previously (he's more technically adept than me obviously), when you apply the discount it's actually 20.40 (although mine said £21.00 for some reason.

I'll go to your site now and do the order again and see what price it comes up with and mail you back.

Reactions: OSP
It does come down to £20.40 and then there is £3.95 shipping (recorded delivery,) with only one option, that bumps up the price. I think that's why it's more that the £24 in the first place ( Im clearly too used to free delivery with amazon).

That rules it out for me as I'd have no one to sign for it.

I hope that resolves the matter now.

Back
Top Bottom