TSR Epsilon LE 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd share this here. I received my first Epsilon 27/55 today:

From the box it didn't stink and also looked a little darker at the tips. I experienced something I haven't before, a dirty badger. I test lathered the brush mainly to clean it and on squeezing out the remains, I got what can only be described as muddy water from the centre of the brush (mixed with lather). Anyway cut a long story short after three test lathers the brush stopped releasing dirty water. The thing now stinks. This is after Haslinger honey, CRSW spring LE and SC Purpose.

With regards to the knot colour, once clean and slightly damp it best matches a Shavemac finest but with slightly whiter tips. Below is a Shavemac 2 band silvertip and 2 band finest followed by the Epsilon:

The face feel is very nice. Zero scritch. Plenty of scrub. It isn't like the Paladin which I place in between the Shavemac 2 bands (2 band silvertip and DO1 2band) due to its higher density. The Epsilon is a different feel, you feel each bristle when agitating the lather but cloud soft when painting. It's still very early days, but for the price with the TSR discount it's already beginning to prove its worth. I lost 2 hairs on the first two test lathers and none on the third.

Lather quality is superb. It holds as much if not more water than the Shavemac LE DO1 2 band and it builds very fast. My only criticism and its harsh would be over the handle. Having been spoiled by Bernd I really enjoy the heavier substantial handles he produces. So I'm glad we are going for a custom handle, with regards to the group buy. I wouldn't say it is a bad handle though, just a little light for me.

Overall very happy with the brush, hoping to get to know it better in the following weeks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hiya, it is a two band. I am really enjoying it had another face lather with it. Still stinks but feels beautiful on the face.

Thank you Nishy
I am in some spanish forums. People who have Epsilon say some of them are close to Shavemac Silvertip 2B

After this group buy (if it is fruitful) I will be a married man, so consider my days of frugal spending limited at best. Hoping this will help a few members :)

and so we'll sing along:
"... I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you ..."

Thank you Nishy
I am in some spanish forums. People who have Epsilon say some of them are close to Shavemac Silvertip 2B
Its a different feel altogether (very limited experience after 1 use). Shavemac is like a mop, soft slick gel like. Epsilon is like a wet sponge, soft, less slick more scrub again zero scritch. Now I'm honestly not sure if that's to be attributed to density, as the Epsilon is much denser or hair quality. I'm just looking at buying another as I'm really impressed. Also to remember my Epsilon hasn't even bloomed properly as of yet.

Thought I'd share this here. I received my first Epsilon 27/55 today:

From the box it didn't stink and also looked a little darker at the tips. I experienced something I haven't before, a dirty badger. I test lathered the brush mainly to clean it and on squeezing out the remains, I got what can only be described as muddy water from the centre of the brush (mixed with lather). Anyway cut a long story short after three test lathers the brush stopped releasing dirty water. The thing now stinks. This is after Haslinger honey, CRSW spring LE and SC Purpose.

With regards to the knot colour, once clean and slightly damp it best matches a Shavemac finest but with slightly whiter tips. Below is a Shavemac 2 band silvertip and 2 band finest followed by the Epsilon:

The face feel is very nice. Zero scritch. Plenty of scrub. It isn't like the Paladin which I place in between the Shavemac 2 bands (2 band silvertip and DO1 2band) due to its higher density. The Epsilon is a different feel, you feel each bristle when agitating the lather but cloud soft when painting. It's still very early days, but for the price with the TSR discount it's already beginning to prove its worth. I lost 2 hairs on the first two test lathers and none on the third.

Lather quality is superb. It holds as much if not more water than the Shavemac LE DO1 2 band and it builds very fast. My only criticism and its harsh would be over the handle. Having been spoiled by Bernd I really enjoy the heavier substantial handles he produces. So I'm glad we are going for a custom handle, with regards to the group buy. I wouldn't say it is a bad handle though, just a little light for me.

Overall very happy with the brush, hoping to get to know it better in the following weeks!

Nicely done Sir! :cool::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom