TSN Simpsons P8

Bechet45 said:
The numbers were getting ever higher and it looked more and more like I really was going to get 200/200. So I queued at the Sorting Office, drove through the rain, ffound out how to open the box, unwraped the contents - 200/200 for sure! Took off the last of the tissue paper, could see a '0' on the end - Yes!! it must be 200/200. Yippee! I'm the lucky one! I'm the guy who got 200/200!

But it turned out to be 190/200. Still, not bad and I don't suppose it will lather any better or worse for not being 200/200, for only being 190/200. I'll go and find out right now!

Unless your name is Watterson and you have son called Mark who is MD of Simpsons you were never going to get 200/200.

antdad said:
Unless your name is Watterson and you have son called Mark who is MD of Simpsons you were never going to get 200/200.

But the dream was magnificent! The anticipation marvellous! We impoverished pensioners have to get our kicks somewhere - and we cock a snoop at dull reality!

185 for me. And what a fantastic looking brush....

P1050052_zpsc13b1fc2.jpg

All the best

Jon

I've used mine a couple of times now...I always liked the handle but the knot isn't really to my taste.

What loft do owners have, I was expecting 48mm and got 50mm?

Number 151 is here with me.

I really like the handle shape, weight and colour. However the loft is not really for me, I prefer them shorter and denser. So now I have a dilemma, do I keep it knowing that it probably won't get much use or do I put it up for sale/trade? :icon_confused:

How do other people who have used this brush a few times find the knot performance?

Rocket Man said:

I really like the handle shape, weight and colour. However the loft is not really for me, I prefer them shorter and denser. So now I have a dilemma, do I keep it knowing that it probably won't get much use or do I put it up for sale/trade? :icon_confused:

How do other people who have used this brush a few times find the knot performance?

I found as the knot relaxes the scritch dies down which is nice.

If you don't like the loft, when the knot relaxes, it still won't be favoured by you.

I would advise stick with it though, see if it suits you. After around 20 shaves you will know if it is for you or not.

Rocket Man said:

You could try reducing the loft by wrapping a tight band or O ring round the base of the knot to test.
If this works for you then you could reset the knot in the handle to the required height.

Go with Dipesh's recommendation first though as that may do the trick.
Regards, beejay

Back
Top Bottom