TSN Simpsons P8

antdad said:
So what did happen over at TSN with Sir Gary Young from the house of Simpson?

I'm not sure I think they may have put a sticky up, I definitely remember there being a post about it. I can't quite remember if it was around the P8 or not?

mattyb240 said:
antdad said:
So what did happen over at TSN with Sir Gary Young from the house of Simpson?

I'm not sure I think they may have put a sticky up, I definitely remember there being a post about it. I can't quite remember if it was around the P8 or not?

If my memory serves me correctly it concluded with the P8. The brush ended up being called the P8 Phyl. Gary objected to the use of the abbreviated use of his Grandmothers name on the brush as Simpsons had never used a family name on their brushes when they owned the company. But when the company was sold all the rights were sold with it and the name was used and Gary parted company with TSN. That is the cleaned up version and most of what was said was in private between Mark and Gary and maybe thats the way it should be left. I don't think the handle was the problem but more what was written on it?

Yeah I enabled myself too.

Simpsons, I'm quite happy for you to call the next LE brush the Tere(sa) or Mar(ia) after my dear old Ma or deceased Grandma, no problem at all, I don't even want any royalties.

antdad said:
Yeah I enabled myself too.

Simpsons, I'm quite happy for you to call the next LE brush the Tere(sa) or Mar(ia) after my dear old Ma or deceased Grandma, no problem at all, I don't even want any royalties.

Was she Italian or Spanish ?

Crap.. just spotted a couple of threads over at TSN which indicate that the £50 price tag is ex VAT and, I'm guessing for EU customers, you'll be requested to pay the VAT when the brush is ready...

Downer... el major.

mattyb240 said:
pugh-the-special-one said:
I've just succumb and pulled the trigger on the P8.

I don't know why Jaimie but I'm surprised! Didn't think it would be your type of knot?

Well Matt the 24mm knot 48mm loft is exactly the same size as my Le Tuft chubby 1.5 brush, even though one is best badger and the Le Tuft is two band I don't see much difference and I really like the way that knot performs.

OK tony thanks for that, just your opinion would you have some Idea to how the P8 will perform I've owned a chubby 2 in best and a Duke 3 in best am I right in thinking similar to those two? I also use hard soaps 98% of the time and face lather.

OK tony thanks for that, just your opinion would you have some Idea to how the P8 will perform I've owned a chubby 2 in best and a Duke 3 in best am I right in thinking similar to those two? I also use hard soaps 98% of the time and face lather.

It's similar to a Duke 3 but has a slightly higher loft and is a touch less dense.

It's pretty good but very different to your Le Tuft knot. I have the same knot set at the same loft and it's quite different.

Hi Jamie,

This pic should give you an idea of size. It's not as dense as my 2XL or has as much backbone as either that or the Manchurian but it's cracking value for money and I'm still breaking it in so not 100% there with performance yet.

Back
Top Bottom