trying out the de blades in my sampler pack

so finally got around to the head shave,

had two shark super stainless de blades in my sampler pack and fancied giving the gillette slim and gillette black beauty long handle a whizz so figured I'd do half and half

another cold water shave and straight on setting 9 for both,
I can confirm the shark sensed blood coming for a mile away and so i got the one weeper lool

anyways these shark super stainless are nice, very sharp and smooth too

Screenshot_2022-07-29-19-30-52-89_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

so finally got around to the head shave,

had two shark super stainless de blades in my sampler pack and fancied giving the gillette slim and gillette black beauty long handle a whizz so figured I'd do half and half

another cold water shave and straight on setting 9 for both,
I can confirm the shark sensed blood coming for a mile away and so i got the one weeper lool

anyways these shark super stainless are nice, very sharp and smooth too

View attachment 91288

Are the slim and black beauty heads not the same?

Reactions: saj
Lovely scraper, the Shark!
So far I'd say i prefer the lord platinum, just felt a bit more smoother

Saying that I did use the lord platinum in the yaqi tile so maybe the shark might perform better in the 'angled' razors like the yaqi tile

So far I'd say i prefer the lord platinum, just felt a bit more smoother

Saying that I did use the lord platinum in the yaqi tile so maybe the shark might perform better in the 'angled' razors like the yaqi tile

Their Platinum certainly is smoother and I'd say sharper for longer, or more consistency across shaves. I don't actually like the Platinum as it leaves me with irritation, but can certainly understand why folks like it.

Their Platinum certainly is smoother and I'd say sharper for longer, or more consistency across shaves. I don't actually like the Platinum as it leaves me with irritation, but can certainly understand why folks like it.
Is it platinum blades in general that cause irritation or just that one brand?

Is it platinum blades in general that cause irritation or just that one brand?

There are a number of brands of Platinum that give me the same irritation and a number of brands that don't. I don't get it from any non-Platinum edged blades. There's something in the process that doesn't agree with me. I had actually quite forgotten about it with the Lord & Shark Platinum, and tried an ASCO Platinum ... and (no surprise, but in a way a blind test) got the self-same irritation. It's a shame as I'd say SuperMax, Treet & Lord are my favourite blade houses.

• Sad
There are a number of brands of Platinum that give me the same irritation and a number of brands that don't. I don't get it from any non-Platinum edged blades. There's something in the process that doesn't agree with me. I had actually quite forgotten about it with the Lord & Shark Platinum, and tried an ASCO Platinum ... and (no surprise, but in a way a blind test) got the self-same irritation. It's a shame as I'd say SuperMax, Treet & Lord are my favourite blade houses.
Sorry to hear that mate, how do the astra sp's work for you?

Sorry to hear that mate, how do the astra sp's work for you?

I think they're crap! Dull and tuggy. Possibly irritating as other Gillette Platinum do have that effect. It's been a good few years since I used them and don't have any inclination to try them again.

Really, no worries ... across a decade of enjoying traditional shaving, most of that has been with the single edge GEM and a 1912. For years, I really did not like or need to shave with a DE. That didn't stop me collecting them, as I do like them as objects. I have shaved with them and tried a lot of blades. Nowadays (for the last year or more), I'm mostly a cartridge shaver.

I think they're crap! Dull and tuggy. Possibly irritating as other Gillette Platinum do have that effect. It's been a good few years since I used them and don't have any inclination to try them again.

Really, no worries ... across a decade of enjoying traditional shaving, most of that has been with the single edge GEM and a 1912. For years, I really did not like or need to shave with a DE. That didn't stop me collecting them, as I do like them as objects. I have shaved with them and tried a lot of blades. Nowadays (for the last year or more), I'm mostly a cartridge shaver.
I'm curious what made you switch back to carts recently?

Back
Top Bottom