Truefitt & Hill 1805 Shaving Cream

The cream is marvelous, I bought a lot of the range on the back of it. I've not used much of the cologne though, it's a bit less special and I understand Vinny's "Issey Mikake clone" description, if not quite 100% in agreement with it. It is a bit lightweight and lacks something in the depth. I've also had the bath soaps, the balm and the hard shaving soap.

The bath soaps are lovely, if you like the shaving cream you should treat yourself to a set.

I have no experience with their cologne or balm, but T&H 1805 is about as good as it gets for creams in my book. A small amount will give you loads of slick, protective lather and skincare (although it's glycerine based) is on par with MWF. Scent is fresh/modern, yet classic at the same time, and lingers quite long after the shave. One cream I will buy again.

Dagnabbit!

I can see my first shaving-related purchase of 2013 being a tub of this stuff.

I'm just coming to the end of my 1805 cream tube. It's a tub of this lovely stuff next for me. Great smell, glide and cushion. I follow it with 1805 a/s balm which also is an excellent product. Same aroma, easily absorbed, non-greasy and soothing.

I just picked up my first tub of 1805 and i was hooked on the scent. I tried a sample of the cologne too, and it was pretty fantastic. But expensive!

It reminds me of "insense ultramarine" by givenchy... which has a bit more staying power, and costs considerably less.

It just goes to show how differently people rate products.
I just don't get what all the fuss is about for the 1805 cream. The scent is way too mild for me, hardly notice it at all.
However the Rose I find fantastic.

I guess you just have to try things yourself to find out.

This is one that has fallen out of the rotation for me. The lather is fine but there is something about the scent that rubs me up the wrong way.
It's been sitting around untouched for over a year so I will give it another go.

Tried one in the sample pack recently, it lathers amazingly well. The scent is really nice too. Infact, all of the creams I've tried from the sample so far smell really nice.

Back
Top Bottom