Truefitt & Hill 1805 Shaving Cream

I would never usually have tried a £16.50 shaving cream, but I was sent one in error by a vendor. What a superb cream this is, it lathers well, even in very hard water and gives a great blade glide. It is described as an oceanic fragrance and it has a subtle but haunting and classy fragrance which is light but persistent.

I'm hooked and hoping the 1805 cologne I've ordered will live up to expectations.

Crossroads said:
I would never usually have tried a £16.50 shaving cream, but I was sent one in error by a vendor. What a superb cream this is, it lathers well, even in very hard water and gives a great blade glide. It is described as an oceanic fragrance and it has a subtle but haunting and classy fragrance which is light but persistent.

I'm hooked and hoping the 1805 cologne I've ordered will live up to expectations.

I loved the scent and performance originally but started to find it more aggressive in scent and on my skin. Ended up moving it on but sure is a great performer.

mattyb240 said:
Crossroads said:

I loved the scent and performance originally but started to find it more aggressive in scent and on my skin. Ended up moving it on but sure is a great performer.

Well, early days yet, Matty. I'm usually ok with most things but the product I've found a bit harsh is TOBS sandlewood which sometimes makes my eyes water if I face lather

Crossroads said:

The cologne is an Issey Miyake clone, so the ladies will like it.

Good cream, I just finished one off a few weeks ago. I will eventually replace it, once I have run down my stash to a more sensible level.

It was the scent that got me hooked on T&H. I subsequently bought the cologne too.

Unfortunately after buying the cologne I quickly got bored of the fragrance. The cologne just becomes a run of the mill marine fragrance after settling on my skin and now when I smell the cream it doesn't appeal like it used to. Although I do get complimented on the smell.

It's a great performing cream (although a little heavy I find) but after initial uncertainty, the Trafalgar range has grown on me and now I prefer that. Much more fresh and light and even after getting the cologne it hasn't lost appeal to me.

SuperChrome said:
It was the scent that got me hooked on T&H. I subsequently bought the cologne too.

Unfortunately after buying the cologne I quickly got bored of the fragrance. The cologne just becomes a run of the mill marine fragrance after settling on my skin and now when I smell the cream it doesn't appeal like it used to. Although I do get complimented on the smell.

It's a great performing cream (although a little heavy I find) but after initial uncertainty, the Trafalgar range has grown on me and now I prefer that. Much more fresh and light and even after getting the cologne it hasn't lost appeal to me.

Superchrome, Interesting observation, I shall rotate 1805 so I don't get bored with it. I've mostly worn CD Eau Sauvage ,since I was 19 but I can't bring myself to spend £63 on 100ml of EDT.I think the TH sample pack from their website will be the way to go for the future.

Crossroads said:
SuperChrome said:

Superchrome, Interesting observation, I shall rotate 1805 so I don't get bored with it. I've mostly worn CD Eau Sauvage ,since I was 19 but I can't bring myself to spend £63 on 100ml of EDT.I think the TH sample pack from their website will be the way to go for the future.

£51.45 at CheapSmells.com to your door.

I think I should clarify -

The vendor's picker screws up and sends me a T&H cream instead of an £8 Omega boar brush.

When I decided to keep it, I rang the vendor and paid for it on my card.

English, fair play, cricket , bad form to use another chap's T&H etc.

Truly commendable!

I had a vendor send me the Aftershave instead of Cologne version of T&H Trafalgar (slightly cheaper). I informed them in case they had sent somebody else the Cologne instead of the A/S but didn't ask for a replacement or refund of the difference because admittedly deep down I don't care about the longevity or projection - I just want to splash the scent on my hands from time to time for my own pleasure :D

T&H 1805 is indeed a very aromatic and fresh-smelling shaving cream. Lathers well and gives one heck of a good shave!!

rum said:
T&H 1805 is indeed a very aromatic and fresh-smelling shaving cream. Lathers well and gives one heck of a good shave!!

That's good news my 1805 cream has just come to my door along with the sample pack. :)

Back
Top Bottom