Truefitt and Hill No.10

Ah I see what you mean now. 40% off the Maca cream with a code from Vouchercodes for Body Shop.
If as you suggest it is similar to the No.10. For £3.30 its well worth a look this weekend. Thanks for your help.

Other than scent I can't detect any difference in the performance between BS and The T&H No.10 - both made by Creightons ? Even the tubs they come in are identical (different colours of course).

Both are good value and good performing creams and nice to be able to buy them on the high street.

Iceni said:
Just picked a tub of this up from Boots for £8.

They don't stock it in my local store, but they can do an in store order for in store collection. It took a day to get from Birmingham to Coventry. No extra postage costs.

Smells very similar to TOBS Eton Collage in the tub, with perhaps a more floral scent. I'm going to give it a whirl tomorrow night and see how it performs.

I thought the price was good for a high street available cream.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SolrSearchLister?storeId=10052&langId=-1&catalogId=11051&stReq=1&searchTerm=truefitt#container

Amazon £5.45 for 200ml Wow! what a deal, just bought 2 tubs.

No. 10 does smell of brylcreem agreed! Eton college? Nope, this is a more citrus/woody fragrance. No. 10 is a good performer but obviously you can get better even in the Truefitt and Hill product line.

Re: RE: Truefitt and Hill No.10

Nishy said:
No. 10 does smell of brylcreem agreed! Eton college? Nope, this is a more citrus/woody fragrance. No. 10 is a good performer but obviously you can get better even in the Truefitt and Hill product line.
I can't see how it can be economical to produce the no.10 separate from the rest of the line, maybe these are churned in the same place i.e Creightons PLC, we need an insider.

I have the Maca root as well, The No. 10 doesn't seem so thirsty. It is the same container the formula is slightly different on the side so that might account for the slight differences in lather.

I'm happy with the product even at the £8 I paid. It is nice to see all of those offers that people have posted and I will keep an eye on them in the future.

Creightons seem to be responsible for most of the high street soaps. I'm finding that the more I test the more they all seem to be effectivley the same product repackaged and re perfumed. I think because of this I'll have to go with something more exotic for my next purchase. Perhaps a Penhaligons puck might be on the cards since I have relatives that pass the Mc Arthur Glen in York almost every day on the way to work. I'm sure they would be more than willing to go have a poke about for me. Or I could nip into Birmingham's House of Fraser and try to pick up one of these.

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Penhaligons+English+Fern+Shaving+Soap+Refill+100g/173472510,default,pd.html

I had a sniff from a tub of T & H No 10 I bought a couple of days ago. It smelt very slightly of olives. It has olive fruit oil and almond oil, which reminded me of the aromas you get when visting places in Morroco that make products from these oils. The only thing that put me off was the colour of the tub, a sort of greeny grey colour which I can't actually make out. I won't be using the No 10 for a while as I've got a few soaps to get through beforehand, and I like to use one thing at a time.

In terms of comparison, it looked more like St James of London Founders reserve clearwood and clarysage, but without the juniper berry juice.

I had my first shave with No. 10 tonight and while the lather/glide was ok, it was nothing special. I agree with the comment above about all the high street creams being the same.

The scent isn't anything to write home about either, it's very floral to my nose and reminds me of 1980's pot-pourri. :s

Rich.

Re: RE: Truefitt and Hill No.10

Iceni said:
I have the Maca root as well, The No. 10 doesn't seem so thirsty. It is the same container the formula is slightly different on the side so that might account for the slight differences in lather.

I'm happy with the product even at the £8 I paid. It is nice to see all of those offers that people have posted and I will keep an eye on them in the future.

Creightons seem to be responsible for most of the high street soaps. I'm finding that the more I test the more they all seem to be effectivley the same product repackaged and re perfumed. I think because of this I'll have to go with something more exotic for my next purchase. Perhaps a Penhaligons puck might be on the cards since I have relatives that pass the Mc Arthur Glen in York almost every day on the way to work. I'm sure they would be more than willing to go have a poke about for me. Or I could nip into Birmingham's House of Fraser and try to pick up one of these.

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Penhaligons+English+Fern+Shaving+Soap+Refill+100g/173472510,default,pd.html
I wouldnt buy this soap you mentioned. I bought one a few months ago and i couldnt get it to lather. Lots of others on here had the same trouble with it. I ended up using it the shower to wash with.

Tried this tonight, got it off Amazon for about £6 delivered. Lovely scent and lathers up well, gives a good shave and you only need to use a bit. I will definitely buy this again, good value for money at this price, not sure if i would pay the full price of £8 though.

Used this tonight for the first time. I too got it from Amazon, seemed a good deal. Lathered with new unbranded best badger (I think, I received it through the good nature of a forum member), and it lathered up a storm. Good coverage, and nicely slick. Not sure about the fragrance though. Botanical certainly, but a little 'soapy' perhaps. We shall see, I'll try it again later in the week.

Al H said:
their budget no 10 cream imo is ok but not as good as thier normal premium creams, i read somewhere its the same as the body shop cream

again imo, its a good marketing ploy

plus once you fall into thie rmarketing ploy of buying one of their premium creams you wont want tu use No10 again

used their sandalwood today, a bloody good cream

I love the no10 stuff... I use the moisturiser every day as it is excellent value.

To me the smell, is like penhalgons Castile, or Bronley, it's hints of Aqua di Parma and it's clearly trying to have some of that vintage gents thing going on. It's largely successful if you ask me, and pairs well with other products and fragrances that I use.

I like other T&H smells better (sandalwood and 1805) but for sheer shaving value tha no10 is hard to beat.

I used No 10 again the other day for the first time in ages. Had forgotten how much I liked it. having used BS MR a lot I much prefer No 10. Mostly because I much prefer the smell but it also seems to perform a tiny bit better in most areas. There are better creams but not at £8 a tub, and if you can catch to for £4 you can't go wrong :)

Back
Top Bottom