Truefitt and Hill No.10

Just picked a tub of this up from Boots for £8.

They don't stock it in my local store, but they can do an in store order for in store collection. It took a day to get from Birmingham to Coventry. No extra postage costs.

Smells very similar to TOBS Eton Collage in the tub, with perhaps a more floral scent. I'm going to give it a whirl tomorrow night and see how it performs.

I thought the price was good for a high street available cream.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SolrSearchLister?storeId=10052&langId=-1&catalogId=11051&stReq=1&searchTerm=truefitt#container

It's a lovely cream, tremendous performance for the price - and a glorious "green" botanical scent when you lather up - very natural scent too. One I'll be buying again when I have used up the backlog of other stuff in about twenty years lol

One of the sponsors had a deal on a week or so ago and i got a pot of the cream and the as balm which is excellent,both delivered for £10, shame swmbo doesn't like the smell.

atb Paul

If I'd have known then what I know now I would have been all over that!

Had the shave last night,

6/8 muller Bismarck. Early model English silver steel, registered scales, Ges Geschutz monkey tail.
T&H No10
Witch hazel
Nivea sensitive ASB
Joop splash.

Shaved right after my shower, The cream lathered well much like Tobs, Scent was good, and the glide was also good.

The razor had been fettled on a a light green thuri, And was in prime fresh edge condition.

No irritation, BBS, And no sting on the splash. This cream will be going into my regular rotation along side Tobs Eaton, Palmolive stick, TBS maca root, Ted baker 02, Ingram, and Arko stick.

The rejects pile so far for me are, Palmolive creme (inferior to the stick), Edwin Jagger Lemon and lime cream (Lather collapses), Tobs Sandlewood (burns my nostrils, Irritates if used for more then 3 consecutive days), Erasmic stick(irritating, Dries my skin), Men-U menthol (boots) (Lather collapses), And Edwin Jagger menthol cream (Lather collapses).

I didn't particularly like the smell when I first opened it but once lathered it becomes very pleasant - and a little goes a long way. The Post-shave cologne balm is excellent as well. Very soothing, not greasy and leaves a very subtle scent.

Keep an eye on the shaving section of sainsburys, they often do the whole range 1/2 price. £4 for the after shave cologne moisturizer and balm.

I'm not sure if £8 is the 1/2 price mark for the cream as I bought a couple of years worth a few month ago, and cant remember the price I paid.

http://www.beautyatcreightons.co.uk/product-category/brands/truefitt-hill seem to have regular offers where they halve these prices.

A couple of times I've seen the cream for £4, the last being a week or two ago. However instead of ordering there and then I waited till the weekend and missed the boat [emoji26]

My colleague has seen it half price at Sainsburys and it was recently a promotion at http://www.shavelounge.co.uk/truefitt-hill-no-10-shaving-trio-pre-shave-shaving-cream-and-balm/ although they are now out of stock.

I'm holding out hope that No.10 are regularly doing this in order that i can justify to myself why I need yet another shaving soap/cream when I've got a drawer full [emoji6]

How does this compare with their 1805 cream? That is one of the nicest creams ever and T&H seem to be very underrated when it comes to their shaving creams.

their budget no 10 cream imo is ok but not as good as thier normal premium creams, i read somewhere its the same as the body shop cream

again imo, its a good marketing ploy

Sherman, you mention its 40% in BS. Unfortunately I don't know what that means, could you please explain or post a link for me please as I'm interested. Thanks in advance.

Scowley said:
Sherman, you mention its 40% in BS. Unfortunately I don't know what that means, could you please explain or post a link for me please as I'm interested. Thanks in advance.

Here ya go: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/body-shop?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=oneliner-four&utm_term=23-Sep-14-lt&utm_campaign=deals&utm_content=5

Back
Top Bottom