To shave or not to shave...

...that is the question. Please could I have some advice. As you can see I have a beard and am in need of help.

p1020262b.jpg

I was once just like you, a regular shavist whose tackle got put to use every day. :s Then one day Brian Blessed came to me in a dream and shouted very loud, "GROW A BEARD YOUNG FELLOW!!!" and so I put my razor to one side and let nature take its course. Is there any hope for me or am I doomed to forever taste yesterday's soup around my chops...

Brian Blessed you say? You're lucky I just have to think of my grandma.

I did the same for 3 months or so last Xmas, I suspect you'll be back.

antdad said:
Brian Blessed you say? You're lucky I just have to think of my grandma.

I did the same for 3 months or so last Xmas, I suspect you'll be back.

Oh yes I certainly will. I have been using my straight to tidy up the edges. I must say that it makes me feel rather manly (a new experience for me) and Mrs PC likes it too. I give it until Christmas max.

Tackleberry said:
Shave one side so we can see what difference it mkes then we'll vote on it!

I reckon I'll do that when I do come to shave it off.

Canuck said:
Nice to see you here either way, I wondered where you'd got to.

Thanks. I had been checking out TSR a few times each day - got a bit silly so decided to take a break for a while. It's nice to be back.

Pig Cat said:
...that is the question. Please could I have some advice. As you can see I have a beard and am in need of help.

Is there any hope for me or am I doomed to forever taste yesterday's soup around my chops...

Holy jamokies mamacita!

I'm surprised no one suggested a beard before. Looks like you have a face just made for one. A very long and bushy one is what I'm thinkin.

Also, you might consider growing your hair long enough in front to do a 'comb down'.,,,possibly to just above your eyebrows,

Far as stray bits like soup and ice cream goes, shave the mustache off for more comfort. Plus, it will help make you look like a Mennonite or someone like that.

My pleasure offering you such valuable advice,

Martin

dodgy said:
Pig Cat said:

Is there any hope for me or am I doomed to forever taste yesterday's soup around my chops...

Holy jamokies mamacita!

I'm surprised no one suggested a beard before. Looks like you have a face just made for one. A very long and bushy one is what I'm thinkin.

Also, you might consider growing your hair long enough in front to do a 'comb down'.,,,possibly to just above your eyebrows,

Far as stray bits like soup and ice cream goes, shave the mustache off for more comfort. Plus, it will help make you look like a Mennonite or someone like that.

My pleasure offering you such valuable advice,

Martin

Well thanks Martin, that's the first decent bit of advice anybody's given me. You are a gentleman, a scholar and an acrobat.

I actually think the beard suits you. The grey in your beard does age you though, if that isn't a problem to you then I don't see any reason you should get rid of it.
I have found prejudice against beards though at work, in my industry man with beard will not succeed.

Pig Cat said:
Well thanks Martin, that's the first decent bit of advice anybody's given me. You are a gentleman, a scholar and an acrobat.

Hah, see that? I was using sarcasm on you! Yes, I just learned it from Tony and figured I'd try it out.

Actually, I'm thinking beard wise of something along the lines of that famous guy in the Producers. Heck is his name?

Anyway, here's a pic you can maybe get some stylish tips from.

Sorry for playing a trick on you.

Attachments

• thumbnail-3.jpg
    thumbnail-3.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 22
Imagine my surprise (or should that be SirPrize:angel:) when I logged-on to Facebook and got chatting with Adam (Pig Cat for the new members who haven't had the pleasure of reading his off-the wall highly sensible posts). After hinting that he might not be welcome here again, he suggested I await the uploading of a new photo, whereupon the vision you see in his post hove into view.:icon_rolleyes::icon_razz:

Sadly, I must concur with Anthony - face shape is good for a beard, but the grey is an unfortunate apparition.

Why are you all banging on about a bit of grey in his beard at his tender young age? It's his eyebrows and hair cut that need attention! Mind, judging by his shirt, he is going for that floppy, unkempt look so popular on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Back
Top Bottom