time to start seen all the hype cant resist

Hi guys I've watched mantic and read the threads on this forum but I keep getting a few weepers on the bottom right of my neck I really don't add pressure and I ink my angle is correct any tips to prevent this? Also tried a new blade, I'm using Astra platinums no cuts etc elsewhere

Have a very close look at which way the hair grows there, there may well be a wee change of direction which could be causing it. The skin does also take a bit of time to adjust but I would be inclined to check growth direction. I have a wee strip right at the bottom of the throat where the hair changes direction and I have to stop when I get to it and shave with the grain on this part or I end up with weepers and irritation, it seems to be much more sensitive than the rest.

daz said:
Have a very close look at which way the hair grows there, there may well be a wee change of direction which could be causing it. The skin does also take a bit of time to adjust but I would be inclined to check growth direction. I have a wee strip right at the bottom of the throat where the hair changes direction and I have to stop when I get to it and shave with the grain on this part or I end up with weepers and irritation, it seems to be much more sensitive than the rest.

That would be my guess as well - if you're doing fine other than one small patch it's probable that you have a direction change there. If it's any consolation, I've been DE shaving since October 2010, and I only recently made the discovery that I have a patch just under my jawline to the left-hand side of my chin where the grain is straight down - the growth around it grows outwards from the centreline. I also even more recently decided on a different approach to going ATG in that area which means I can get near-as-dammit-to-BBS even with my mild razors (previously I could only achieve the same result with more aggressive combinations).

Thanks Chris my problem area does have a different growth direction so will just shave with the grain for a while. Will be trying the personas tonight

Thanks again worked a treat smoother and less very little irritation; great shave. First time of using arko as well impressed.

Arko is great I agree Nishy and I use it as a measure if I change anything to see what has been affected.

As Chris and others have said once you have a good idea of the grain and which areas are more sensitive you can adjust accordingly and get much better shaves. I've been DE shaving since Aug last year and only now am I close to achieving a true BBS and most of that is down to technique and blade angle for me.

I'm a newbie to DE shaving but I agree their are so many variables to master, including blade angle and technique; it's just a pleasure to attain that height :)

Nishy said:
I'm a newbie to DE shaving but I agree their are so many variables to master, including blade angle and technique; it's just a pleasure to attain that height :)

Me too. I look on it as learning a new skill; you won't get it right first time, but practice makes perfect...

Tried the rapira s instead of the personas, thinking I like the Astra sp better but not a lot between them really

Hi guys I'm keen on trying some polsilver blades but not sure where to buy them checked amazon and a few websites but no luck, any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated thank you

What ones are you after? There are Polsilver stainless, and polsilver super iridium. A member on here sells the super iridium ones, I'll post the link in a sec....

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/user-981.html

Here we go, look in the signature box, then click on products once you're on there. He did state in a post the other day he has a small batch of the polsilver stainless too, but wants to sell them together with some Super Iridium and Polsilver Super Iridium. From what I've read, all are excellent blades.

Shaving.ie also sell polsilver stainless. They sell them by the 100 too, which works out cheaper. Obviously :icon_razz:

Thanks small beard from what I've heard the polsilver super iridium seem the better choice will have a look at the links you have provided thank you

I think I've fallen in love with astra sp blades, ok so stupid question but if I get a smooth pain free shave with these blades do I need to go for sharper ones? I admit I haven't got a bbs shave as of yet but I'm sure it's down to technique more so

Back
Top Bottom