This may sound like a wind up to some...

balidey said:
I generally use my blades for a week and I turn mid-week and as I do this I do a quick palm strop on both edges, both sides.
Do I notice the difference?
Yes I think so. But that may be placebo, it may be genuine, it may be due to the turning, it may be due to the palm stropping.
As the septics say... YMMV

In the raw occasions that I use a blade more than once, I wash it, palm strop it, dry it and rewrap it. I believe that the palm stropping does make a difference.
Using a different side each time. I couldn't be bothered to remember.

Personally speaking I don't find flipping or palm stropping make any difference.
For me a blade has 3 shaves in it, no matter the make (except Lasers, I only get 2 from those). I used to always palm strop and flip, now I don't bother and the shaves feel just the same.

Voltstick said:
Personally speaking I don't find flipping or palm stropping make any difference.
For me a blade has 3 shaves in it, no matter the make (except Lasers, I only get 2 from those). I used to always palm strop and flip, now I don't bother and the shaves feel just the same.

It may just be me, but the last few times I took a blade out to transfer it to another razor I clean the soap etc off then palm strop it. And end up getting a perfectly horrible shave from a blade which was fine before that. Gonna stop. One blade, one razor (sounds like a Bob Marley song) and 2 or 3 shaves.

I notice some times on e bay DE razor blade sharpeners appear from time to time has any body tryed one out ? Not that I am tight fisted just wondering is all:idea:

Back
Top Bottom