Thinking of getting a kindle

the differnces between them seem to be miner

the battery life is not as long (battery life is so long anyway so it wont bother you)

new one is lighter than one with keyboard

the new one has less memory but its unlikely you will fill it up anyway

Unfortunately you can't - as far as I can tell - make it use the cover of the book you're reading as its rest state, which I'd what I want it to do.

Dr Rick said:
Unfortunately you can't - as far as I can tell - make it use the cover of the book you're reading as its rest state, which I'd what I want it to do.

Yes that would make sense really. One thing that I do miss about reading a 'real' book is seeing the cover each time I pick one up. When I start a new Kindle book it doesn't even begin at the cover page, I have to manually turn back if I want to see what it looks like.

I agree it is annoying,. It also seems that amazon has made major firmware changes to the new kindle that is making custom screen savers almost impossible to do. I mean the Kobo has it so why not the kindle?

hunnymonster said:
I wish I knew what the fuss was about - I turn my Kindle off and that's the last time I look at it until I turn it on again.

Well I for one am getting very upset about the whole thing and am seriously considering adding this to the 'things that get on your wick but you can do absolutely nothing about' thread. So there! :mad:

I like to judge the book by it's cover, so I want to look and see if I am enjoying it before I start reading again.

Back
Top Bottom