Thinking of getting a kindle

hunnymonster said:
Boab said:
I like to judge the book by it's cover, so I want to look and see if I am enjoying it before I start reading again.
Have you been sucking on the alcoholic hand cleansing gel again?

I just think it would make perfect sense for the book's cover to appear when the Kindle is put to stand-by. That way you can see what it is you were reading earlier, as well as it being a nice nod to the paper books it emulates. Can't see why that's much to ask, I'm surprised that its designers didn't think of doing that really.

Pig Cat said:
hunnymonster said:
Boab said:
I like to judge the book by it's cover, so I want to look and see if I am enjoying it before I start reading again.
Have you been sucking on the alcoholic hand cleansing gel again?

I just think it would make perfect sense for the book's cover to appear when the Kindle is put to stand-by. That way you can see what it is you were reading earlier, as well as it being a nice nod to the paper books it emulates. Can't see why that's much to ask, I'm surprised that its designers didn't think of doing that really.

you cant even change the screensavers

the only way you can do it is by "jailbreaking" then install a program so you can add them

then you need to put them in a folder on the kindle create a document called "reboot" and then unplug kindle and it works

only problem is, its not straight forward to do and would confuse a lot of people

Pig Cat said:

Then again - if you happen to be reading "Interfering with farmyard animals for beginners" you might be less inclined...

the jailbreak is easy, its well documented. Why not jailbreak and use the covers from all the books you have as screensavers. By the law of averages at some point in your life the correct cover will match what you are reading. Alternatively just turn it off and on again until it scrolls to the correct one.

hunnymonster said:
Pig Cat said:

Then again - if you happen to be reading "Interfering with farmyard animals for beginners" you might be less inclined...

That has a plain brown cover. :icon_rolleyes:

But as for the illustrations inside... :D

I get that you don't look at the screen other than when you open your case to turn it on, but it like the wallpaper on my phones lock screen, even though i don't look at it much its nice to know its mine and not some generic rubbish that everyone else has!

Is it me?, but I just didn't like the Kindle, the pages were to just too dark for me, so I'm looking forward to having a look at the new Kindle Paperwhite and a page that does resemble a book page.

Dobbo25 said:
Is it me?, but I just didn't like the Kindle, the pages were to just too dark for me, so I'm looking forward to having a look at the new Kindle Paperwhite and a page that does resemble a book page.

Yes the Paperwhite looks excellent. :icon_razz: I love my old-fashioned Kindle but the case with its own light feels a bit old-hat to me now. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom