Think it's a daft question, but

That's a joke right...a dedicated grater?

Either you must do a lot of soap grating or it's made out of wood, given that they are usually made of stainless so are impervious to absorbing any soapy scent as long as you wash it properly of course.

Own cheese grater £1 (who wants to risk Palmolive in their cheese on toast ?)
3 Palmolive soap sticks - £1.50
1 50p plastic tub from Tesco.

Grate all 3 soap sticks in to the plastic tub.

few drops of water and press down until firm and leave to dry.

For the price of £3 you have a soap that will last months and be as good as anything out there and allow you to load a brush up with quality lather.

It's the best shaving bargain out there. It really does last ages in fact so long you get annoyed and end up buying an expensive soap/cream as you want to try something else.

It's that good

Thanks folks. I have tried Palmolive cream but want keen, but liked the stick. I work away from home so a tub of grated soap sounds like my solution!

SirPrize said:
NotTheStig said:
Where a cheese grater is required I have bought my own. I'm not allowed to use the one in the kitchen :-(
My wife used to object when I used the Parmesan Grater for the same purpose, but not as much as she objected to finding an engine on the kitchen table.
Odd chaps, women.

When I lived with my Dad, we had a half assembled motorbike in the hallway, and a tray of old engine oil on the side in the kitchen (for at least 4 months).

He now has a rusty old heap of a motorbike in the kitchen, along with weights and a weight bench.

You could probably guess a woman doesn't live there!

thrifty said:
Thanks folks. I have tried Palmolive cream but want keen, but liked the stick. I work away from home so a tub of grated soap sounds like my solution!

Don't try grating the Palmolive cream.

Re: RE: Think it's a daft question, but

Gravy said:
thrifty said:

Wouldn't a stick of soap be a better solution?

I tried but ended up with a soggy stick (!) wobbling around in a tub. And no I've not tried grating cream. Yet.

Right, I didn't want to risk a cheddar face, so new grater (76p) bought. Grated a Palmolive stick into the small bowl that boots shave soap comes in. Bit of water and them squashed it up a bit.

Just had a trail run and very impressed. Quick and thick lather.

Easy to store in the wagon too!:)

chrisbell said:
SirPrize said:
NotTheStig said:
Where a cheese grater is required I have bought my own. I'm not allowed to use the one in the kitchen :-(
My wife used to object when I used the Parmesan Grater for the same purpose, but not as much as she objected to finding an engine on the kitchen table.
Odd chaps, women.

I didn't have you down as an engine man, Anthony.:s

This was quite some time ago!

Back
Top Bottom