Think it's a daft question, but

Think it's a daft question, but I see lots of mentions of grating soap sticks. I have worked out the basics, but can anyone explain the full procedure!! I'm a bit slow at times!:cool:

1. get soap stick.
2. get cheese grater.
3. rub the 2 against each other
4. press the resulting grated soap firmly into a bowl
5. use bowl of soap in the same way as any other bowl of soap.

With softer sticks as mentioned by Peter, I have heard it is easier to freeze them first.

I tried my first grating this week and quite a bit of the soap simply spread over the grater, rather than falling through it....

I will try the freezing trick next time.

I mixed Camelot and vandergaulde together as the vandergaulde gave me a slightly uncomfortable burning sensation when I used it as a soap stick face lathering.

I love the smell and would like to hunt down some more.............

It could possibly annoy the wife.

Get your own grater, I got one for less than a quid from asda, and grate over some paper, that way you can almost roll the paper into a tube, and pour the gratings directly into your bowl/pot/ramekin.

Then as said above, squish it in with your thumb.

you dont need your own grater, just do it when the wife is out and throw in dishwasher

just dont let her mistake grated arko for a white cheddar

NotTheStig said:
Where a cheese grater is required I have bought my own. I'm not allowed to use the one in the kitchen :-(
My wife used to object when I used the Parmesan Grater for the same purpose, but not as much as she objected to finding an engine on the kitchen table.
Odd chaps, women.

SirPrize said:
NotTheStig said:
Where a cheese grater is required I have bought my own. I'm not allowed to use the one in the kitchen :-(
My wife used to object when I used the Parmesan Grater for the same purpose, but not as much as she objected to finding an engine on the kitchen table.
Odd chaps, women.

I didn't have you down as an engine man, Anthony.:s

If one of my women-friends is moved to grate cheese, I let her use my soap-grater - but insist she wash it thoroughly after use. Lather smelling of cheese must be awful, first thing.

Back
Top Bottom