The TSR Random Shaving Chat

^ My schooling didn't extend to Latin, Celtic67; heck it barely extended to English. Good to know though!

Bamboo shard razor blades JO, you might be onto something -- the green movement and makers of shaving balm will be all over that.

Now why don't I think of stuff like that. Dragons' Den would be all over a diamond project of this type like a rash.

JohnnyO. o/

Living in Huddersfield I quite often get ribbed about the SMASH advert on TV when the 'Martians' make reference to earthlings coming from a place called Huddersfield.
There was a song by Mike Harding called 'when the Martians land in Huddersfield'. Just for the sake of cross-Pennine parity, he also used to do a tale called 'a yank in Burnley'.

A young lad in shorts, eh MMick. Well, I'm afraid I was more a young man with a keen interest in getting into ladies' shorts in those far off halycon days. Although I often wondered what that far off Valhalla must have been like when men such as Tony Capstick, Mike Harding and the legendary " Bri " Plummer were terrorising the locals.

JohnnyO. o/

In his sister's name, I'm guessing. DPTC, do you have any 'official' correspondence addressed to you? You could write to your MP asking him/her about something - where does s/he stand on Assisted Suicide and asking for his/her support, for instance. Of the Bill, I mean.

Sorry for hogging this thread a bit with this permit malark! Never my intention for it to get political!

Bechet - I haven't had personal correspondence addressed to me, not that I've seen anyway. Nonetheless, the application forms have been posted now and its just a waiting game to see whether I am indeed on that list. I'm a risk taker and decided to post it off and seeing what happens!

Another thought on this one, DPTC - here in Southampton, the person with her name on the utility correspondence is the Parking Permit holder and she is able to apply for a second permit - at least, that is what I deduce from the Council forms that arrive at my home once a year.

Good luck with your application!

Over the years, I must have spent over £200 in parking fines outside my home, in a Residents' Parking Scheme - usually because they paint a white line to divide one multi-car bay from another with new Regs and someone parks aver it. The last one was for parking my car outside my home in 'my' disabled bay (I caused it to be put there) and the Blue Badge fell onto the dash and was not 'clearly visible'.

Last edited:
Another thought on this one, DPTC - here in Southampton, the person with her name on the utility correspondence is the Parking Permit holder and she is able to apply for a second permit - at least, that is what I deduce from the Council forms that arrive at my home once a year.

Over the years, I must have spent over £200 in parking fines outside my home, in a Residents' Parking Scheme - usually because they paint a white line to divide one multi-car bay from another with new Regs and someone parks aver it. The last one was for parking my car outside my home in 'my' disabled bay (I caused it to be put there) and the Blue Badge fell onto the dash and was not 'clearly visible'.
Having experienced a similar issue, I found my local authority were quite reasonable (gasp!), the ticket was cancelled on production of proof of disabled status and a letter of explanation.

Doesn't seem to be everyone's experience though!

This is just what winds me up ! These wardens walk past your car several times a day, several days a week. They know you have a blue badge so why not knock a couple of doors and just say is that your car ? Your badge has slipped. They know full well, just being a... holes for the sake of it.

This is a shaving forum so I shall not take the bait, Rob.
I wasn't angling Carl - simply stating a fact in response to PhilDs post. It was not a political or racial statement and your name crept in because you are fond of using that particular expression.

People seem to be getting a bit touchy here.

If you don't know about Mornington Cres then yes, you have indeedly surrendered all your worldly shaving goodies in perpetuity to this forum. However, since you may at some time discover that this is just a nonsense game played on the BBC programme " I'm sorry I haven't a clue " I'd best set your anxious heart at rest by confirming that you don't owe everyone on TSR a drink at all. Just Boab and the mods.

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom